Army Thread 22nd December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya Draggy. Nice to see you. How are you doing? I know it's just a couple of weeks ago that your Dad passed away. Hope you're coping. Last minute Christmas shopping is not fun and I expect your weather won't be helping either...
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

it's only 11 days ago stirly, i came back last sunday night and have to get my ass into gear
      life is simple its just not easy

Comment

but at least the sun is out and makes evrything look brighter

Comment

Good the sun is out. Sunshine always helps. Just try to focus on the positive things. The loss of a family member is never easy and always harder during the holiday season. Getting things ready for your family for Christmas will no doubt help keep your mind occupied and your hands busy. Hope your shopping trip goes well and you find what you're looking for... How is your daughter?

Comment

daughters are great, roisin just heard that she got a house from the council mid januari.
            i will miss them very much but am very happy for her

Comment

Draggy;1026877 wrote: daughters are great, roisin just heard that she got a house from the council mid januari.
              i will miss them very much but am very happy for her
              Roisin was the one I was asking about because I remember she had some medical problems earlier this year. Glad she got a house. My sons moved out a couple of years ago. I can't say that I miss themed around the house when they left cause they weren't here that much - too busy between work and social lives. They share an apartment just 15 minutes from here so I see them often. In fact we will be having Christmas at their place. It's actually larger than ours and they have a fireplace and a dishwasher. I don't.

Comment

roisin is good, she had her operation a few months ago and hopefully thats the end of it, just hope and pray.
                we will have christmasday with my eldest daughter and her children, same as with your sons, her house is bigger then mine.

Comment

Draggy;1026882 wrote: roisin is good, she had her operation a few months ago and hopefully thats the end of it, just hope and pray.
                  we will have christmasday with my eldest daughter and her children, same as with your sons, her house is bigger then mine.
                  I hope you have a lovely Christmas in spite of your recent loss. Having your children and grandchildren there will certainly help you. With all the fuss kids make, it barely gives you time to think of anything else. Your Dad will be there in your memories. Try and remember the fun times and laugh about them. I think that's the best way to remember our loved ones. I always think of my Dad like that and I know that's how he would want it. A lovely, joyful Christmas to you all.
                  I'm off to get some more housework done. Laterz, Draggy.

Comment

thats it stirly, happy memories and grateful for having dad with us for so long.

Comment

quote, With all the fuss kids make, it barely gives you time to think of anything else.

her kids are 16, 18 and 19 but we have 5 year old aaron to keep us occupied

Comment

Good morning brats!

Draggy :l I've been thinking of you. I'm glad you will have everyone around you :l
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

thanks sunny i am good, sad but not in a sad way if you know what i mean, kind of bittersweet feeling

Comment

i am starting to get in a christmas mood, i never get in a christmas mood untill a few days before christmas anyway

Comment

I'm the same way, Draggy... but I'm pretty much ready for Christmas now.
                              Mind you, now starts the baking and cooking, etc...

I just found out yesterday that my daughter and peanut will only be here Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning :upset: Then they will head to the other grand parents :upset: Mind you, that's a good thing for peanut and for them, as well.
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

ahh, peanuts first christmas
                                dont have a lot of cooking to do, we share it out, i'll be doing the starters, roisin the ham eldest daughter turkey and fiona deserts, so nobody has alot to do, i remember when the kids were younger and at home i spend the best part of christmas eve and day in the kitchen.

Comment

Working...
                                X