Army Thread 22nd December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening folks far too much talk of bits of strangled birds here me thinks :-)
    I was walking across the bridge tonight and there are sheets of ice are floating down the river, mad scenes for this country.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hiya KTAB. Sorry the weather is so bad. Sure hope you manage to get home for Christmas whether by plane or train or snowshoes. Oh, a bit far for those... just saying.

I've got news. This is something that doesn't happen every day.

I'm feeling very proud of my younger son. We have a small family business - our store is barely more than a hole in the wall with a small storeroom in the back. However, older son who makes sites for the internet, made us a cracking good site with a great name and when people type in the brand name that we sell and our country in the search bar, our name comes up first. We sell a lot of different products among which are window films. Ones that protect against heat and sunlight, ones that protect against the cold and security ones that ensure that if a window is broken, there is no way that it can be vandalized. The window will break but it will remain in place and won't fall to pieces leaving access to the building. There is a organization which is moving their offices to a new building and the company in charge of their security systems, etc. etc., contacted us for the security films. And younger son made the sale. I'm so proud of him. We will, in the near future, be installing the window films in the new office building of the fecking United Nations here in our city. Doesn't that just blow yer socks off!!!
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Thats brilliant, well done Stirly junior. What a lovely chrimbo pressie for the business. Get permission to use pictures of that instillation on his website and the UN name/logo and he is sorted. It will open up all sorts of work for him.

Comment

Hi Zen, dont like the sound of the broom bit :H
          Busy busy busy in Zen-land.
          Just going to cook some dinner then pack my bags and have an early night I think.

Comment

Shout out for Stirly/Tips

Comment

KTAB;1027029 wrote: Thats brilliant, well done Stirly junior. What a lovely chrimbo pressie for the business. Get permission to use pictures of that instillation on his website and the UN name/logo and he is sorted. It will open up all sorts of work for him.
              The company that contacted us and who will buy the window films from us recently did the residence for the top representative of the European Monetary Fund, I think that's what it's called. Anyway, they're the hot-shots who have lent us the money to bail us out economically but are also dictating what we have to do in order to improve the economy of the country.
              So it is obviously a company that deals in high-security so, no doubt, from now on in, whenever they need security window films, they'll be calling on us. We also recently landed Coca-Cola Greece as a customer and have done a fair amount of sales to various national universities. We have even installed two entrance mats in the Greek Parliament Buildings. How cool is that?!!! I'm chuffed. inkele: Not that we make a huge profit or anything but just having our name associated with these companies and such says a lot. Who would have thought it...

Comment

Trust me, getting top notch clients is worth its weight in gold. Dont be shy in letting potential clients know either. You are right it does speak volumes for the company, hence proving my point.

Comment

KTAB;1027038 wrote: Hi Zen, dont like the sound of the broom bit :H
                  Busy busy busy in Zen-land.
                  Just going to cook some dinner then pack my bags and have an early night I think.
                  K - I'm with you on that broom bit. Whatever possessed her to even think of something like that? I know - she's been hanging around with Startypants who is defo getting out of line these days.

I'm off myself to walk the pooch. I've got an early morning as Mr. Stirly has once again gone to visit his sister for Christmas so I have to fill in his place in our little family business. I love it really. Working with younger son is a pleasure. But 6 a.m. comes very, very early in Stirly-world. Nighters to all on our side of the :earth: Zen - hope you have a productive day. And please, get rid of the broom...
                  Tomorrowz....inkele:

Comment

KTAB;1027042 wrote: Trust me, getting top notch clients is worth its weight in gold. Dont be shy in letting potential clients know either. You are right it does speak volumes for the company, hence proving my point.
                    We never fail to mention who our top clients are, believe me. Sometimes when I mention it, they look at my like I'm :nutso:. They can't believe that our little family business could have such clients. But we do and I love it, love it, love it. And am so proud of my guys.
                    Now I'm really outta here.

Comment

Evening all,

it's a pheasant plucking life... :$ great to see everyone doing so well, all the ups and downs and life going on (sober )

Will now stick broom up me bum, (thanx for the tip zenstyle ) damp rag in me gob (there, that'll shut me up at both ends) and go do some serious cleaning before the wee'un comes back to mess it all up again

Comment

STIRLY!!!

I am over the moon for you!!
                        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

GO STIRLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Merry Merry Christmas You deserve the best!
                          February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

What wonderful news to share Stirly, I will be telling all my friends that my friend is working for United Nations roud:

Nite all.......:l
                            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                            AF - JAN 1st 2010
                            NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                            X