WHAT's COOKING FOR CHRISTMAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only three more sleeps till Christmas Day.

I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone's got planned foodwise. I bet the northern hemisphere people will be tucking into hot roasts, while we in the Antipodes will be a bit more laid back.. a lot of my eats will be round the BBQ, with lots of juices and cool fizzy (but fattening) chinnotto.

I have some friends coming Christmas arvo and staying a couple of days, and a couple of vegetarians arriving Boxing Day. Started to-day making 2 rather heavy parfaits (overwhisked the cream).
    So here's Raggsy's Christmas fare:
    CHRISTMAS DAYDINNER:

Anti pasto: Olives cheeses semi dried tomato guacamole salamis red pepper homus corn chips crackers toast thins.

Main: Oysters Prawns Scallops fish bites Mango & cous cous salad Mango salsa Green salad

Dessert: Date & Earl Grey Parfait.

BOXING DAY

BREAKFAST: Bran & oats with yoghurt fruit and nuts.
    LUNCH:
    Entr?e: Rice paper rolls (chiken, prawn, vegetarian) falafel Spiced minced lamb on lemongrass skewers
    Mains: Not burgers Thai style Ceviche: Fish in lime marinadeets green salad, tabouleh cous cous salad.
    Dessert: Ginger and Earl grey parfait
    DINNER
    Entr?e: Spring Rolls (vegetarian, and pork mince) Deep fried tofu with caramalised sauce
    Enoki and asparagus Enoki and bacon
    Mains: Vegetarian roast Roast spatchcock,
    potato sarladaise, green peas
    Dessert: Fruit cake and cream berries and cream

MONDAY 27th
    BREAKFAST: Eggs : Baked with cream or scrambled or poached.
    or
    Bran & oats with honeyed yoghurt fruit and nuts.

BRUNCH: Leftovers: Whatever is going!

So, what are you cooking up?

If I can get a flight can I come too?
    Sounds wonderful. We are having very hot food to counteract the freezing cold!

Comment

Wow would it be too early for me to head to you now? That sounds absolutely amazing.
      Personally I havent even thought about food yet tbh,though will do usual veggie roast on chrimbo day with loads of sprouts, love them.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

BTW whats enoki & spatchcock?

Comment

Rags Sounds lovely
          Were going to daughters for xmas,
          Will be having, Chicken, ham, Brussel Sprouts, selection of vegies, roast tatties. creamed tatties, skirly. not sure what else!!!
          Xmas pud, triffle,
          I think after having all that, we will be pretty full up.

Comment

KTAB;1026762 wrote: BTW whats enoki & spatchcock?
            Hey KT, Howzit going?

A spatchcock is a baby chook about half the size of a bantam.

Enoki is a type of mushroom... it has lots of stalks and tiny tops . I'll see if I can find a pic somewhere for you. You wrap the bacon round the stalks and then grill or fry it till bacon is cooked.

Comment

Skirly... only ever had that once. A scottish friend made it.

Yer all welcome to come over for Chrissy Dinner!!!

Comment

:boohoo: poor little baby chock :boohoo:

Comment

KTAB;1026758 wrote: Wow would it be too early for me to head to you now? That sounds absolutely amazing.
                  Personally I havent even thought about food yet tbh,though will do usual veggie roast on chrimbo day with loads of sprouts, love them.
                  Aren't you all dreadfully snowed in over there? Saw Heathrow on thew news all snowed in lots of cranky passengers....

I used to do the hot roast and veggies till about 10 years ago. b And would just about get heat stroke!
                  But this year it's quite cool what with unusual weather patterns. It actually snowed here (well 300 miles from me) yesterday!!!

Comment

RAGS!!!

What a feast!! I am only doing the old reliable, I am quite jealous now!!!
                    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Stop, dont remind me, I have a flight booked for Thur evening into Dublin. Dublin airport has been closed a few times since the weekend and heard people on the radio this morning that had been stuck there since Sunday. My flight out on Sunday was delayed four times. Ah well at least the trains are still running, we are not used to -17 celcius over here.

Comment

-17!!!
                        And I was chilly this morning with the temp. at 21 celcius!

Hmmmm by the lack of other posts, seems there's not much in the way of Christmas fare this year... where's Cymru? He should be cooking up something, but I haven't seen him for quite a while.

Comment

Working...
                        X