Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neart Update!

Hi guys,

It's been 5 months now since I last had a drink, and it feels normal now for me not to wake with a hangover. I still get moments where I think about whether it'd be nice to have a drink, but they pass. I never thought I would be able to say that.

I want to thank every person on this site for all the amazing, incredible support you have given me over the past 5 months - I truly could not have done it without you all. You are a fantastic, brilliant group of people and I will always be grateful for stumbling upon this site one hungover afternoon back in July. I remember that day, looking around MWO and seeing how people were at all different stages and points in their journey. I'll admit I was jealous of those with a bit of time under their belts But it's not about jealousy, I've learned. I think it's Ruby's tag line "never look down upon someone unless you're giving them a hand up". No one is better or worse than anyone else, we all just got dealt a different hand and we can help each other along if we want, which is what makes MWO so fantastic. So this is me, just saying thanks to everyone who held out their hand for me and helped me out of a dark, lonely and sad place.

I'm not on this site so much anymore, as I've a new job in a new city and I don't have internet access very often. I'm feeling good about being AF and I feel truly blessed for this opportunity to try and live a life that's more authentic and meaningful to me.

Thank you all, and I'll pop in from time to time to say hi :l

With much love, hugs and gratitude,

Neartxx

ps if there's another Dublin meet up, let me know!!!
    AF since 13th July 2010
    NF since 5th July 2010

Neart Update!

Who is this new woman
    Lovely to see you Neart and it's been lovely to watch your journey.
    I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a healthy and happy 2011.

J x
    :l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Neart Update!

Neart - So good to hear from you!
      Your happiness spills out of your post and what vast and wonderful changes you have made to your life in such a short time. Please do drop by when you can, its so great to hear about the successes this site produces. Wishing you a fantastic AF Christmas.....:coolsanta:
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Neart Update!

Neart, it's so wonderful to hear about the ways your life is different now. Thank you for sharing, and congratulations on 5 months sober! All the best to you in your new job / town / life!!! I am always inspired to read how people's lives change for the better without AL.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Neart Update!

You sound so wonderful Neart! I'm so happy for you. I hope you do keep in touch because I'll really miss you and think your amazing!! :l:h Thanks for all of your support and help. Sometimes it was your posts that got me through some really rough times. :h

Comment

Neart Update!

Great to hear from you neart and very happy your doing so well,dont forget to dropin as you are missed.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Neart Update!

Neart, I am really happy for you. You should be proud of yourself.
              Hill
              Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
              X