OMG I am 34 days AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG I am 34 days AF

I am now on day 34 and can't believe it. I was reading all the posts when I first found this site and thought how on earth are people managing 30 days AF it's such a long time. I got through Christmas with the family and everyone was drinking with the exception of me and the kids. My New Years resolution will be to lose weight and get fit; I feel for the first time in over 10 years that this is achievable now that my life isn't revolving around drink ? I must have gained at least 4 hours of time a day since being AF. I no longer fly through the bedtime story with the kids because my glass of wine might suddenly evaporate in my absence!

I have decided that I will not even attempt to moderate, I don't want to drink alcohol, I am happier without it and I know that for me one or two is never enough.

I could never have achieved being AF without this site. Thank you all for sharing your stories and offering such great advice and invaluable support.

Best of luck to you all in 2011
    AF since 23/11/2010

OMG I am 34 days AF

Hi Mrs.B, congrats on your 34 days, that is awesome. You should really feel proud of yourself. Especially during the Holidays you are staying strong. I totally agree with you about parenting. I feel that I am engaged with my children in such a different way not that I am sober. I also feel that I am so glad they won't have a memory of me drinking beer all the time in their childhood.

Great call on the getting fit resolution. I have been getting fit as well. When I was young I could drink, and exercise the next morning. As I aged, the exercise the next day faded away. Now I can do the exercise and feel great. I hope you do too.
    Hill
    Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

OMG I am 34 days AF

nicely done MRSB... be proud and keep it going .. you are doing your body and soul a awesome job
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

OMG I am 34 days AF

Mrs. B - AWESOME JOB! You should be really proud of yourself. I remember those bedtime story days not so long ago! What a wonderful holiday for you! I know this holiday has been amazing for me as well. First sober holiday in years and years! Keep up the good work
        February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

OMG I am 34 days AF

Well done mrs B, keep on rocking.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

OMG I am 34 days AF

That's really great new Mrs.B! 34 days, I hope you're really proud of your hard work and what you accomplished. Life is much better not worrying about where the next drink is coming from and all the heartache that follows it.

Comment

OMG I am 34 days AF

I have decided that I will not even attempt to moderate, I don't want to drink alcohol, I am happier without it and I know that for me one or two is never enough.
              Congratulations on 34 days AF MrsB!!!! I couldn't imagine doing 30 days when I came here, but I was so glad I went for (and accomplished) it. The quote above were my thoughts exactly. Wishing you a wonderful 2011 too!
              ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

OMG I am 34 days AF

Great news on your accomplishment!!! j
                Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

OMG I am 34 days AF

Mrs B :goodjob: on 34 days af, I too enjoyed an af christmas, great feeling isn't it.
                  and funny enough my new years resolution is to loose weight and get fit too.
                  congratulations again
                  all the very best for 2011 Lilly x

Comment

OMG I am 34 days AF

Great job MrsB and an inspiration for those of us who are thinking...30 days is a long time!!

Comment

OMG I am 34 days AF

Great job!!!!!! :goodjob::goodjob:
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

OMG I am 34 days AF

Congratulations, Mrs. B!! You sound so happy! Keep up the good work, it just keeps getting better!

Best Wishes,
                        Kate
                        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

OMG I am 34 days AF

Yes ma'am, I remember wanting that annoying parenting thing to be done for the night so mommy could get her drink on.

Congratulations, Mrs B! Keep going and don't look back.

xoxox Pride
                          AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                          "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

OMG I am 34 days AF

Mrs. B, Very motivating post - Congratulations!
                            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

OMG I am 34 days AF

Thank you all so much, I find the level of support on this site so generous and kind of heart, taking the time to say well done just means the world to me and makes me stronger.

Despite my positive post I found last night a little difficult as I had an argument with my husband and just felt like tucking into a bottle (and blaming him!). Instead I went to bed early and read a book. It made me realise that this battle against AL will be constant. I just need to ensure I don’t become complacent and that’s where this site is invaluable.

My husband drinks about 4 nights a week but he isn’t too bad, my Mum is an alcoholic (although has never admitted it) as are most of her family (3 dead due to cirrhosis). I have purposely not thrown out the alcohol that’s in the house, not because I want to drink it but because it’s everywhere in society (I live in Ireland) and I need to be able to control the urge. If I really want a drink there is a shop 2 minutes away so throwing away the alcohol wouldn’t make a difference if I’m really determined to get drunk. I want to be comfortable around AL and secure in the knowledge that I can and will say no.

Can't wait to get a full year AF under my belt!

Thank you again for all your comments and a massive thank you from my kids, your support will make their lives so much better too.
                              AF since 23/11/2010

Comment

Working...
                              X