Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to commit suicide

dear friend ,
    I cant go to public community as they are not helpful to me as I am from Asian Community so they hate people who have such a problem.This Xmas I did so bad and felt alone at all and think no good to live more .Any good idea please suggest.Am AF yesterday and today.
    :thanks:dIXON
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Going to commit suicide

Hi Dixon. I dont know your circumstances. But I do know that the asian community do find it difficult to be open about their problems I also know that there are a lot of asians with exactly the same problem as you and me.
    Coming here is a great idea. Reading as much as you can and getting support from us all should help you. It did me.
    Keep reading and posting. You have made a very good start.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Going to commit suicide

Hi Dixon - I am so sorry that a cultural barrier is keeping you from getting help - but you have come to the right place. Suicide is never the answer - especially when YOU CAN BEAT THIS! Really. I am almost two months sober and the only way I got to that point was by coming here, reading and listening to advice. Great job on two days sober - that is a wonderful start! This place is very helpful and will be able to help you on your journey. It is not easy, but you can do it. Have faith in yourself - we have faith in you. Please keep us posted.
      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Going to commit suicide

Be positive Dixon. Best thing is read all the postings and look into the tool box. Tons of positive people in MWO - many with similar thoughts. Don't make any hasty decisions but read and learn. It will get better!

Comment

Going to commit suicide

Hi Dixon, and welcome,

Christmas can be a very lonely time for many of us. I have a friend who took his own life on christmas eve 2 years ago. No-one knows why. It is a very final decision, of course. For me, i alway's feel that there is a way out of sadness and lonliness, and way's to move forward. It sounds like you are in a very difficult place. Do you have a friend you can talk to? What about 'Lifeline' an international telephone counselling service, or a local church might be able to stay with you/talk for awhile?
          Where in Asia are you? There is a lifeline phone service in Malaysia, Phillipine's, Korea, Taiwan, if that help's?

Hang in there friend, you are not alone here, okay?

P.S. Great going on your 2 day's alcohol free! Awesome! Keep it going.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Going to commit suicide

Hi everyone !

Dear friends,
            I am sorry that I am not taking the name of all of you as you people came heavily at a same time...But you will be in my palpitation at all the times until I live.
            Problem is that I was very prestigious person in my society,people used to take my advice in many cases.But I was different in my personal life,and was a heavy drinkard specially burden to my wife and kids.My wife was trying to hide all of the things with the society but I have beaten her in the big party saying her prostitute.Not only her but many people got victimized with my words and slap.Now I think nobody will respect me furthermore and my wife also decided to leave me.The last option is I have to show them totally AF for all the times which could be not possible.
            To be honest I was doing prestigious job ,social activities alongside with my heavy drinking habit.Generally I used to drink hiding from society but this time went very wrong .
            I used to live AF a couple of days in a week though when I start drink I could not stop me .....still I got my brain fail temporarily.
            Is there anyway that I regain my prestige back .Though I am living in London but with Asian society.I cant leave my kids and wife, its too trouble.
            many thanks for your emergency help.Now I am writing without alcohol but my wife is not at my room she always sleep separately.
            My big heartfelt thanks to all of you.
            Dixon

Comment

Going to commit suicide

Hi Dixon,

I am so sorry that you are feeling so alone. Those thoughts about not wanting to live have been with many of us here in the grip of addiction. THey are coming from the depression and anxiety that the alcohol has created in your body. You simply must get yourself to a doctor and be as honest as possible about your problem. It is extremely important to get some help with these thoughts that you are having. I felt like you many many times and I am so glad that I sought help and changed my life because once you get some really good sober time, your thinking changes and life seems a lot brighter. Do you have one friend or relative that can you can talk to about this? If not then as the others have mentioned, Life-LIne or the Samaritans might be able to suggest some immediate help. You are not alone...keep posting and talking to us here........we are here for you and we do care. Love, strength and grace Saff xx
              I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Going to commit suicide

Give someone a call mate. Look up The Samaritan's, or check out some crisis phone number's on this site in the 'Need help ASAP' section. There are a few number's you can ring there, and you can remain anonomous.

Best wishes to you and your family.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Going to commit suicide

Hi Dixon, welcome back here. Hope you are feeling a bit better. Please let us know how you are, j
                  Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Going to commit suicide

Thanks you GR and all,
                    You all are suggesting to give a emergency call but I need confidential so please advise.If it comes in health history it really hurt me and I will loose my job as well.
                    I also preferred to visit Church but they do not open at all the time so is there any possibility to be stuck to someone priest who guides me frequently may be once a day or within a couple of days.
                    many thanks,
                    Dixon

Comment

Going to commit suicide

The Samaritan's, or 'Lifeline' will be anonymous phone conversation's. You don't have to give your name to them. They are a free telephone service. Why not look up a local number on your computer? No identification needed. No identification is asked for. They will not know who you are. Anonymous.
                      A telephone counsellour might be good to talk to. I'm sure there is a 24 hour telephone line in the U.K?
                      Also, check out on this site, the phone number's in the 'Need help A.S.A.P. section.

Comment

Going to commit suicide

Hi Dixon,

I feel for you and what you are going through. The first thing right now is clearing your head of the alcohol and then start working on the issues which are bothering to you. Clarity in thought will allow you to address the larger picture properly.

My best to you
                        2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Going to commit suicide

Guitarista,Sheri and Allswells,

Guitarista and Sheri thank you for giving me the contact number as well.But could you tell me how can they help me ?? Do they come up with ambulance or just give an advice ?? You people are brilliant !!

AllsWell, I am AF for two days and no headache but scared of future after the holidays how can I show my face to community.

Many thanks for your care !!

Dixon

Comment

Going to commit suicide

Hi Dixon
                            The Samaritans is a voluntary listening service and will talk through your problems with you. They may also be able to give you other help line numbers to call.

The number in the UK to dial is 08457 90 90 90.

I do hope they can help.
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Going to commit suicide

Hi Dixon ... I think they will talk to you and offer other resources for supporting you. Don't be afraid to call ... and hang out/post here. You can face anything when you feel better, are less anxious and unafraid. Forgive yourself and your mistakes ... wouldn't you forgive someone else who was suffering as you are? Take good care, j
                              Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X