Going to commit suicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to commit suicide

janka;1030004 wrote: I'll be your friend from here in Connecticut Dixon. Anyway, about your wife and the community ... well you have to rebuild trust with them. To start to rebuild trust, you must show them and prove to them, repeatedly, your whole-hearted commitment to sobriety and better attitude/health/behavior. That takes time but does evolve steadily if we stay sober. I bet most of us here at MWO have had to rebuild trust. It's hard, takes time, but it is doable. People before us have done it. Also, what nice, small thing can you do for your wife today? janka
    Hi Janka,
    How lovely words are you delivering to me in free of cost!!!Also, what nice, small thing can you do for your wife today? janka[
    /QUOTE]
    The problem is to stay sober and rebuild the faith....Can send you a PM ?
    Thankful to you and all who are in the wagon of increasing my low self esteem.
    Dixon
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Going to commit suicide

Please send me as many PMs you want or need to! I'd love to hear to hear how you are doing, what's on your mind, etc. Remember Dixon, it may sound corny, too simple, naive even, but make today as good as you can. Any small attempt at that is TRUE PROGRESS. Forget about yesterday and tomorrow FOR NOW. Remember too ... houses are not built in 2 hours, but in many, many, many days of effort and labor (hard work). First, the foundation is built, and that for us is sobriety, then everything else is built UPON that. Focus on staying sober and doing something good for today. I'm anxiously awaiting hearing from you. Did you ever call any of the numbers recommended here? Peace, j
      Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Going to commit suicide

Dixon,

There are also many self help/support groups that meet regularly, where no health record is kept. Just private citizen's with similar problems getting together to talk about things, and support each other, off the record. Try a local community centre and church. Also, there will be a support group called 'GROW' in your area. Look them up and give them a ring. Also, maybe try the Salvation Army. Stay anonymous, but ask the questions. A good doctor is a good starting point too.

Best wishes.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Going to commit suicide

Janka,

Yours words were with me a couple of years ago but lost gradually with the increasing consumption of alcohol.Really I need to revive them.Thank you.
          I have sent you a PM.
          I wait your reply.
          Dixon

Comment

Going to commit suicide

Hi Guitarista,
            I have contacted Samaritans and they are asking some questions and contacted othesr as well but I forget now, need to see email.
            I will try to locate the network that you have given to me.I also wish you for your outstanding outcome in your journey of sobriety .
            talk to you soon,
            Dixon

Comment

Going to commit suicide

Good stuff Dixon, and thankyou. Palpitation's appreciated, and returned.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Going to commit suicide

dixon;1029974 wrote: This time I slipped badly may be will be loosing my family and be alone.
                I know this is a horrible low spot to find yourself in. Here is the good news. There are many many people who have been in this exact same spot, and who have managed to stop drinking and put their lives back together again. Sometimes with the family and sometimes not. But the most important thing is healing from this horrible affliction and finding a better way to live. A way to live where we can feel good about ourselves and who we are and what we do every day. Many people here have done it, and you can do it too. AA has been a (anonymous!) gift in my life because I shake hands with people every day who have been down this road and not only survived, but built better lives in recovery. If they can do it and I can do it, you can do it too.

Not drinking is the greatest gift you can give to your family right now, if you are anything like me. There was absolutely no words or gifts or home cooked dinners I could give my husband that were a fraction as meaningful as giving up booze.

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Going to commit suicide

Hi Doggy ,
                  I remember that we talked a lot when I was signing in as a Kota !
                  I were lost fort a couple of months cause of my mobile server which always said busy and not connected !! what happened I don't know ?
                  can I ask you a curiosity as you seems long time sober ?
                  If so could you share me that did you get any craving to alcohol either you were in party or alone??
                  Sorry asking in the community !
                  Thanks,
                  Dixon

Comment

Going to commit suicide

DG again me ,
                    I tried to be in AA but slipped when the way to AA meeting . I used to slip when I am out of home !! What a tragedy...
                    Who cares me at home ? I cant survive without any job and have to go out anyway.
                    Dixon

Comment

Going to commit suicide

hi D,it seems like you need help and your still here thank goodnes ,your obviously very good with the computor research is the key for the way you are ive spent many years reseARCHING,dam capitals hahaha,icouldnt laff 2 years ago,ifound here,ive been thro AA,it is not for all,but i beleive for many it is a sanctuary,like church is to a christian,i guess,are care system here is much better i guess here,but think about it,it is multi billion dollar industry that is 17 percent efficient, THE KEY I RESEARCH. whem you got goevernment and investors interested it is just a business gyco i wish you well

Comment

Going to commit suicide

Hello Gyco,
                        Yea everything is a business but some business are totally commercial and the others are socially responsible.Its a day dream to operate a platform like this without any kind of fund.
                        I thanks you that you are thinking of me!!!!
                        Dixon:thanks:

Comment

Going to commit suicide

Hi Dixon. I do remember you as Kota. I'm very glad you're back. Let me read back through this thread so I can see what has been happening. Good to see you posting again. More to follow...Techie
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Going to commit suicide

techie;1030220 wrote: Hi Dixon. I do remember you as Kota. I'm very glad you're back. Let me read back through this thread so I can see what has been happening. Good to see you posting again. More to follow...Techie
                            Thanks for caring Techie,
                            Look forward to hearing from you !Now good night bye see you again!
                            Dixon

Comment

Going to commit suicide

Hi Dixon/Kota. You can ask me stuff here in the public forum - I don't mind. We are all sharing this journey. Maybe somebody else also has the same question and benefits from an anser. And maybe others will also provide an answer to your question - so you get input from more people. That's the power of going through recovery in with others!

If I understand your question correctly, you were asking if I get cravings at parties and other places. I don't so much any more. But for the first year or so, I certainly got a lot of cravings. It gets better with time. For me, the first 3 months were the hardest. That might sound like a really long time, but in the grand scheme of things it's not long at all. The way I look at it, I would rather "suck it up" and find a way to work through that first 3 months without relapsing over and over. That way I eventually get the hard part over with.

There are lots of strategies for dealing with cravings at social events.

1. Don't go. (I just didn't go to a lot of things early on. And it's better for me to make an excuse and not show up than to go, drink, and make an ass of myself)
                              2. Arrive late and leave early.
                              3. EAT before I go and EAT while I'm there. I'm less inclined to crave alcohol if my tummy stays full.
                              4. Decide ahead of time what I will drink, and practice asking for that. "I'll have a Diet Coke please."

I encourage you to reach out for some local support. It is such a huge relief to not be alone. Coming to this forum helps a lot and having face to face support helps even more. With people who understand. Whether it's AA or one of the other services that were mentioned, I really encourage you to reach out. What have you got to lose?

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Going to commit suicide

Thank you Doggy for Sharing your experience herewith! They are really helpful to everyone.
                                Your tips not to reduce craving no. 3 is really applicable to me . Obviously I managed to escape from craving when I filedl out my stomach.
                                Great idea.Cheers,
                                Dixon

Comment

Working...
                                X