Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to jump back in!!!

Hello all,

It has been almost 3 months since my last post. In that time I experimented with moderate drinking only to find out what I had already suspected. It does not work for me. My drinking at the moment is not dangerously out of control (it is easy to blend in this time of year) but it is ramping up. I don't want to drink, however the idea of never drinking again seems foreign and unachievable. So the best way forward is not to think about what feels impossible and focus on what is possible. It is possible not to have a glass of wine tonight.

I have spent the afternoon pouring over this site, sort of standing on the side of the pool working up the courage to jump in again. I am looking forward to joining you all again, and so grateful for this site.

Merry Christmas!
    While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
    Benjamin Franklin

Time to jump back in!!!

:welcome: back NT,

Sometimes it's just impossible to think too far ahead and I have to think just for today I will not drink, I'll think about tomorrow when it gets here.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Time to jump back in!!!

Hi Not Tonight and welcome back :welcome:
      The bigger picture is always daunting so babysteps is a great idea, I spent the 1st days and weeks Dealing with it ODAT, if there isnt always a ODAT daily thread, then start one, there are always lots of people who join in. I wish you well, this site is a life saver, stay close and you will get great support.
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Time to jump back in!!!

Hi JackieClaire and Chillygirl-

It is good to be back. Since posting I have been sort of walking around the house thinking "I am getting in control again!" I hope you both had a wonderful Christmas.
        While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Time to jump back in!!!

Welcome Nottonight!

I found that for me, I can't think of NEVER. It's just to daunting -- so I'm looking at smaller goals and then telling myself I can "reassess". In my heart, I don't think I can moderate either, but what I'm telling myself for now is to give it 6 months and then look at it again.

Good luck, and like the other two said, this is a great site with loads of support!

Comment

Time to jump back in!!!

Hi there and welcome back Not Tonight!!! Just focus on what you can do today to make yourself feel better. Peace, hope to hear from you soon, j
            Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Working...
            X