What's everyone doing New Years Eve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chill, this is a great thread. It's lovely to know that there are others like me who are happy to just be home, having a quiet night and grateful for sobriety. Congratulations on your 1 year AF. I used to think it would be an impossibility for me, but thanks to MWO and the wonderful people here, it is becoming my new reality. You can spend NYE reflecting, not only on your own sobriety, but also on the many people you have encouraged and inspired over the past year.
    :h Mish :h
    sigpic
    Never give up...
    GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
    Remaining a perpetual possibility
    Only in a world of speculation.
    What might have been and what has been
    Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Chillgirl;1030603 wrote: I actually think sobriety gives us a gift that other people dont get, we know only too well how guilt, shame and emptiness feels. So when we break free we somehow have an appreciation of life thats extra special.....
      I love this idea! It's all so true. We've been to hell and back and can look and appreciate life so differently. Sobriety truly is a gift! Good thoughts!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Its great to hear all the sober plans for tomorrow evening and I will be copying a no. of ideas from you guys. What is perhaps even more significant than our activities for New Years Eve is how we will all be feeling when we wake up on New Years day!!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

Now thats something really worth celebrating........yeehaaaww
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

I finally have my plan for this evening.....Spa Night! Hot bath, hair highlights, pluck my chin hair and maybe even my nose hair, then again, I might save that project for New Year's Day...ha ha!

Happy 2011!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Brightlite - Its already 9pm here in Europe and im relaxing in front of my log fire with the candles lite, listening to some of my fav music. Im snacking on cambozola cheese and peanuts with toblerone for later.
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

Mine's been and gone. Went to bed early, woke up at 5am and now enjoying a lovely warm New Years Day morning.

Take care, everybody.

Comment

Im just relaxing at home..have pecan sticky buns in the oven now.. will be trying to keep misty calm once the fireworks start here, she hates them and shakes and shivers. Just glad im not having to drive anywhere and thankful that Im not drinking either..Happy New Year all..
                AF since 10/14/2010...

Comment

Working...
                X