positive positive day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

positive positive day

i just had a day of feeling completely normal.this has been the most awesome day i've had in the last 6 months.everything came together.WHOA am i allowed to feel this good.i will give one example.
    i went to chapters to buy ALAN CARR'S book on dealing with drinking the easy way.well chapters is huge and i had no idea where to look so i asked a clerk and luckily i got a good one who knew the store.after we found the book i jokingly said " i'm not a mean drunk" to which he replied quite without effort
    "well you look o.k. to me".everything has gone so smooth and without effort.
    is this what being alcohol free really means.
    it's so awesome and worth the effort,i know all days will not be this good but then again my days before becoming a drunk were good and bad.

positive positive day

Surfer-
    Thank you sooo much for that inspiring post about your day. Your "normal" day sounded so great-your exuberance really came through! I plan on re-reading it when I question what I'm doing. Thanks~
    Tumadre
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
    Plato

Comment

positive positive day

Good for you, you deserve it. :wd:

Drinking slowly sucked the life out of me. It happened so slow I didn't realize how far down I had gone. It is amazing to get that life back. I am happy for you.

God Bless
      Bear
      What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
      ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

positive positive day

thanks
        the day is still good and i have had a week of no insomnia.i feel so normal.yes the effort we are putting into this is worth it.think of building a house brick by brick.there's lots of sweat but after you are finished well there's the structure done.
        also i had no anxiety at all today.

keep building

Comment

positive positive day

Great to hear that you are having a postive day! It keeps me plodding along because I know sooner or later, I will have one too! (I really hope its sooner!) Thanks - and I hope tomorrow is as great as today!
          Hawk

Comment

positive positive day

thanks hawk
            i am not out of the woods yet but the good days will be more frequent.
            after years of messing with my central nervous system i don't expect it will all of a sudden become completely normal.i think we all wish for that to happen but thats not the reality.we have to nurse our systems back to health.

whether its genetics or nature or nurture we are stuck with it and we only have one choice

get healthy

yes easy to say but it must be done

keep building

Comment

Working...
            X