Army's last daily thread of 2010...31st Dec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning Ladyjan, dixon,Starty, tips, Chill, Anon, Mario, Pops, KTAB, EW, & Oney

Starty, hope that you start to feel better soon,

Dixon & EW, I haven't seen you on the Amy before so :welcome:........

I'm hoping to get back here later but in case I don't I just want to wish you all a safe, sober, happy new year ........... Mine will DEFINITELY be sober

sigpicXXX

Comment

Hiya JC, X posted ... :h:l
      sigpicXXX

Comment

I've just had some rather sad news. Our next door neighbour's Mum died last night. In a way it's a blessed relief as she was suffering terribly from Alzeimers but I'll always remember the lady my kids thought of as a second Grandma.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Awww JC ........ :l:l:l:l:l:l
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Sorry to hear that JC. All the best to you.

X
            If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

Thanks, Betty,Ew
              It's been on the cards for a while now and she'd been in hospital 10 days.

Anyhoo taken me pills, just gonna boil up a pan of macaroni to start off me cooking frenzy.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:hallo: my friends

JC sorry about your news :upset:

Oney - fantastic on the smokes! EW wish you much strength for toxin free 2011. Im intending to get even healthier too.....
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

Ok then, onward and upwards, to infinity and beyond.

Right ladies and gentlemen.
                  What are we wearing for the last night of the year?
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

probably my pink joggy bottoms.......
                    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

JC - so sorry for your sad news I am glad she is out of pain and the hell that is Alzheimers. So hard on the victim and so hard on the family. Hugs and prayers headed your way.

I am off to the market to start my cooking frenzy too. Didn't sleep past 3 am having crazy dreams so I am hoping a nap is in the cards! Gonna eat and drink my sparkling water until I can have no more, because come 2011 I am gonna be one healthy mama! Can't wait for my very first completely sober New Years in I would say 20 years (aside from when I was preggo!).

Have a wonderful day all and HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!!
                      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Thanks Chill! I hope I find it easier than quitting the AL!

Well JC, I'll probably also be wearing jogging bottoms like Chill, although mine are black rather than pink Honest.

Slobbing gear for a night of TV catchup and movies!
                        If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

Chillgirl;1031670 wrote: probably my pink joggy bottoms.......
                          oh good I'll wear me blue one's we don't want to clash

Yooooooooooo hooooooooooo Waggers, I really must make a move to the kitchen area.

Laterz
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1031668 wrote: Ok then, onward and upwards, to infinity and beyond.

Right ladies and gentlemen.
                            What are we wearing for the last night of the year?
                            Hiya Chill & Waggy .........

Well ........... If anyone asks I'm not here as I've got soooo much to do :H

Anyone that's my facebook friend will have seen my favourite red & black blouse thats on my profile pic, I will be wearing that with black trousers and sparkly black stiletto heels .........
                            sigpicXXX

Comment

Hi! Back again. Had to give the dog a good walk and drop by the store to pick up a few more things for our feast tonight. A few things I'd like to get off my chest so I can just let it go and be able to fully enjoy the evening with my son--and hopefully with some of you too. Had an email from my mother. Some of you might remember me getting upset at Christmas about the SIL and my mother bringing up all the horrible stories of my dad. Well, she did get to go to my brother's for Christmas day afterall-and the SIL stayed sober and a good time was had by all. I don't know if I mentioned that my niece (she's only 18) had a baby just a few weeks before Christmas. The SIL went into rehab before the baby was born because my brother said there was no way she was going to stay in the house the way she was acting-because of the drink. She's a very abusive drunk-verbally and throws shite. The crazy thing is that they live in a lovely house in Blackrock-she does not have to work-financially confortable. But I guess we know the "beast" can strike anywhere. Well, as soon as my mother left the SIL must have started drinking and things went from bad to worse. My niece left with the baby to go stay at her grandmother's in D8because her mother was drunk and going crazy. She wanted to get the newborn out of there. Well, the SIL really went crazy then. My brother had to call the guards and they brought her to hospital. But she refused to be admitted and ran out without her coat. She eventually made it back home and started up again. My brother tried to reason with her but was forced to call the police again. This time she spent the night in jail.I'm kind of in shock but maybe not so much as all that. I guess I'm noting this down because it helps me remember what a progressive illness this is-and thank God I stopped before I even almost got that bad.I don't really know what is going on right now. My mother told me NOT to say anything because my brother asked her not to tell anyone. She said he was crying like a baby when she had him on the phone. It just breaks my heart. So my question is--please give advice!-What would you do? Should I ring my brother-pretending I know nothing or just keep out of it? (I can't break my mum's trust-she made me swear I'd say nothing)I know its his pride keeping him from reaching out. Maybe if he can talk to me I could give some help? Don't have to add-I WILL BE HAVING A SOBER NYE. Fucking drink.

Comment

good morning (almost). last one of the year and im feeling pretty positive. if you see anything bright and loud in the sky at midnight it will be my rockets going off... all left over from nov 5th cos we were too pissed to set them all off. bang bang fizz bang....... all washed down with a nice glass of bubbly... FIZZY POP or something similar... wehey x
                                Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                                Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Working...
                                X