Army's last daily thread of 2010...31st Dec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once he doesnt come home and find his old man has polished the rest of them off eh :H:H:H

Seriously though I hope he can see the dangers and have the odd drink if he chooses to. I do think there is so much more education around then when we were kids in regard to drink/drugs/cigs/road safety etc.
    Just take smoking for example. The vast majority of his friends have never smoked.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Well over here I think its worse, there are soooo many youngsters who knock it back and smoke too....people in their 20s are getting liver and lung probs. COPD and Cirrhosis
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

True and I cant disagree with the stats but my point is the education and warnings are now highly visable, the fact is that some choose to ignore them.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Yoooooooooo hoooooooooo and good afternoon.

Well my daughter has pulled the New Year shift again at work 6pm til 6am as roving manager for 4 bars. She's got her stilettos on (she's 5' 8") so that should take her to way over 6', walkie talkie and a no nonsense policy tonight. It's helpful that all the bouncers........ooo sorry doormen are HUGE.

Told her about next door Grandma, she's very sad but sees it as a release for her.

EW How did your lunch go the other Sunday with your family? I read on another thread that you lost your father this year, I'm so very sorry for your loss.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello Troopers.

A quick fly-by from me to wish you all a Happy Heathy and Sober 2011.

Took a quick peek over the posts.....
            JC..:huggy
            Expat - sending you strength.
            Starty - hope you're feeling better.
            Chill - huge congrats on one year AF...:danthin:

No matter where you are and how you celebrate, I wish you all a very, very

Stirly :heart:
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

KTAB;1031744 wrote: Hi again folks, quick fly by. JC sorry about your friend, I always thought alzeimers such a cruel way for a persons life to turn for all concerned. In many ways the person concerned was lost to their loved ones many years prior to their passing.

Expat, does your mother and brother know of your personal battles? If so maybe your mum could ring him back and suggest he turns to you for advice or it is ok for her to do so. Just seems more up front. Either way I think you should speak to him.

Hello starty pants. Taking son to shops now to spend chrimbo money on few bits he has been wanting. Wish me luck.
              First off-Thank you all for your kind comments and support. I have talked in depth to my mother about my drinking-and she has been very supportive. As for my brother-he does not really drink all that much. He is a "normie" but of course grew up in the same house as I did with an alcholic father-so it's not like he is naive about drinking problems. However, he has never seen me drunk or heard about any problems I have had from drinking. The scary thing is...most of the friends I've talked to back home have just been like "E! You don't have a problem!" No, I have never been arrested, had my children taken away from me,lose a job, killed anyone etc....But to ME it had become a problem so it was a problem. I hit rock bottom close enough for me-so there you go. On this site we are from all over the world and at different levels of drinking. Bottle of vodka or a bottle of wine whatever. I don't judge-we are all here for the same reason- that alcohol had (is)become a problem in our lives. AND I AM SO GLAD I FOUND THIS PLACE! Now-I just have to call my brother. If he wants to talk I guess he will. But he does know that I know about his wife because we talked about it last year. We have never been VERY close but with age we have reached out more. I love my brother:l. We went through a lot of shite growing up together in our house. But it was ingrained in us--"Don't air your dirty laundry" or whatever that saying is. Boy, was that instilled in us. So I guess he's keeping the tradition going. Poor sweetheart-he really does not deserve this. He is really a good man.I am going to post a song for him on facebook now. Hope you'll listen to it. Can't get youtube shite on here. expat xxx

Comment

Happy almost New Year soldiers!!!

Gosh, you peeps over --> THERE are really almost in 2011 Happy happy.. wishing you and and all of us a peaceful, successful, happy and healthy new year

*yawn
                Now I should really try to wake up... the sleep fairy musta joined the union here and was on strike last night.. I got to sleep around 5am. Not sure how I'm gonna manage to stay up til midnight *uggh
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Yo Eggers,
                  Just having a cup of cawffee and a lurk. I didn't get up til after 10.30am trouble is I could have rolled over and stayed there.

Xpat, been over to FB and had a listen. It's a lovely song, you are a lamb:l
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi all, broadband is not the best, must be a surge on.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

:H

I'm such a card. Not sure how, but I messed up me times. Thought I was calling my dad just before midnight (his time) and wondered why I got through so easily... errrmm... it was like 6pm.

Oh dear. Another blond day.
                      :hallo: Zenny, JC, and Mario
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Yooooooooo hooooooooo Zenners

Had a thought before we've bought no booze in. All we've got is the wank home made stuff of me brothers and half a bottle of cheap whiskey. Mr JC has 3 bottles of malt but he wouldn't open them if God knocked on the door.

Tea or cawffee anyone
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Zen Style;1031903 wrote: I found my feet! *happy dance*

Just in case you think I'm as blond as GG (snigger)... I have two computers and they were on the old one. Hiding. Not in plain view AT ALL.
                          A man in my condition cannot for the life of me understand this post

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Quick Check in before I go round to my mum and dads for a meal ........

Thanks to each and every member of our lovely group for keeping me smiling through 2010 ...........

HAPPY NEW YEAR
                            I love you all ... :h:h:h

BB xxx
                            sigpicXXX

Comment

mario;1031910 wrote: A man in my condition cannot for the life of me understand this post
                              Wot condition is that Mario??? :H
                              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

hello everyone...... whats wrong with Mario's condition then?
                                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                                NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                                X