Underoos and Friends Jan 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fickle;1046222 wrote: Ok, there are a lot of times I've been ignored... and a lot more times I've been ignored...
    Ummm ... Ficks ... you said you're reading more than posting. Not necessarily good.

There are times when I'm sure we all feel 'ignored'.

And you know what? Whenever I feel like that I post.

And I don't give a fat rat's clacker who ignores me ... cause I know they might just be a bit busy at the mo ..... Ficks ...don't sweat the small stuff.

*** adds some sort of approptiate thingy tere ***

Comment

Sorry Tawny, I take that on board.. just feeling wierd right now. I thought someone might be glad Reg is doing ok

Comment

fickle;1046231 wrote: Sorry Tawny, I take that on board.. just feeling wierd right now. I thought someone might be glad Reg is doing ok
        Very happy re Reggie.

Comment

I am just providing a link for a new member, Pearl, from NZ
          Be nice everyone!

Comment

tawnyfrog;1046143 wrote: *** We interrupt this programme to bring you some vital technical information ***

I often see people say they haven't "had time to read back". Please, please, please, go to your User CP and change the # of pages, (currently set at 10 posts per page) and change it to 40 posts per page. We're not major yappers on this thead - so it's not often that you have to go back more than one page to keep up to speed. As far as I'm concerned, we're currently at Page 19. Make sense?
            Duly chastened, noted and changed to forty posts per page.
            :h Mish :h
            sigpic
            Never give up...
            GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
            Remaining a perpetual possibility
            Only in a world of speculation.
            What might have been and what has been
            Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Morning all undies,

I wish you a safe, happy, super-productive Sunday.

Comment

fickle;1046222 wrote: Ok, there are a lot of times I've been ignored... and a lot more times I've been ignored... so have a nice life all
                Hi Ficks,
                I was going to post you this arvo about Curves. Briefly I get the strong feeling they don't want you to actually perspire on any of the equipment.....

How you going with it? I've dropped 1.5 kilos since I started, but plateaued out at the moment so going for the big effort this coming week.
                I shall drop beads of sweat all over the place!! :H

Oh, and you're not alone in feeling ignored. Happens to me quite a lot when no-one responds to my post. I am very dependant on this site for social contact, and
                I still get all "nobody cares" sometimes, but mostly I shrug it off, and as Tawn says just keep posting..

Comment

sapphire1;1046224 wrote: Gawd,

I feel all clued up on techno stuff. EVEN I, THE DUMBEST DUMBASS ON THE PLANET, SFARIS PUTERS GO......know where and what user CP is...geeshus
                  Well, now I know where I stand :H

Comment

Morning all...
                    Ficklicious I hear you on the increasing the AF time...needed up here also. It was my birthday on Friday & I got shitfaced...seriously hungover yesty, not good. I'm planning on doing AF Feb...there's a thing where one can raise money also - get sponsored - for addiction charities. If anyone's interested...we can do together. And very glad to hear that my mate Reginald is OK...I love that man & his roomy shorts.
                    In other news I'm ALL OVER the builders clacker...look like I've been doing it for years.
                    Lovely photos & news & stuff from all of youses.
                    Off for a swim.

xo

Comment

Angelcakes;1046637 wrote: Morning all...
                      Ficklicious I hear you on the increasing the AF time...needed up here also. It was my birthday on Friday & I got shitfaced...seriously hungover yesty, not good. I'm planning on doing AF Feb...there's a thing where one can raise money also - get sponsored - for addiction charities. If anyone's interested...we can do together. And very glad to hear that my mate Reginald is OK...I love that man & his roomy shorts.
                      In other news I'm ALL OVER the builders clacker...look like I've been doing it for years.
                      Lovely photos & news & stuff from all of youses.
                      Off for a swim.

xo
                      Morning all!

Ah, Angelious......you beautiful, beeeeewdiful!!!! Great to see you, happy birthday, and 'Fang it for Feb'! (or something like that)

Fickos, you beautiful beeeewdiful! What you do uh? You chikky, chikky. We LOVE you! Have you ever noticed the place goes quiet for a few hours most times i post?
                      Folk's can be up to all sort's of thing's, so don't you worry. :l
                      I wonder about not only Reggie, but all of youse quite regularily.

In other, some may say chook related news. (saw a bloke carrying a chook down an inner city Melbourne street the other day. He had one of them thoroughly misguided glazed looks in his eye that electronic keyboard player's get when they think there piece of plastic is sounding remotely like an electric guitar, but that's beside the point.)

Well, well, well. You remember my avocado tree that hasn't been producing for the last couple of year's? This morning i found a mini-avo on the ground. I looked up, and they are many. WOW! I have no idea how said tree 'got some action', but I am absolutely delighted.

Day orf today. Very Noice.

How are you going Jonesy?

Have a great day everyone!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

hello undie friends.
                        i've been itching to get to the puter for a bit but hubby doing the farm budget & is painstakingly,agonisingly slow as in 1 finger typing which truly shits me.
                        Hey Ficks! I hear ya, as i often post when no-one is about which sort a just gives me license to prattle on when & if i feel like it. many is the time i've returned to not find an acknowledgement of my posting, but i've now recognised that it is not personal & to not get worried. i agree with tawny about sweating the small stuff. having said that, perspiring mightily as i write due to a humid day in southern West Oz. yesty was a stinker reached 41 down here, but i rode fearlessly in the heat & as a consequence was crayfish coloured in the face for a bit until i showered & cooled down. but i felt quite saintly in the fact that weather doesn't deter me. ummm, right.
                        i am glad reggie is doing well, i miss his input.
                        ragsy you are such a lovely person & i have bravely faced my user cp mode many a time to change profiles & such........don't let it beat you!
                        mishy look get that vege patch happening lovey i'll need some fresh vegies for my recovery in Feb.....you gonna come see me in hosp deary? i'll need some reading material so what can you come up with.....
                        bridgee how are ya friend, good to hear you're not overcome with too much water & tawns that you're drying out - you must be developing a very strong patient streak.
                        angelcakes : i'm with you on the Febfast thingo going to log in & commit - do it with me!!!!
                        mr g - missed you!.....& i'm sure i love you. roolly sure.
                        where's missy b?
                        bridge btw if your chook is anaemic which sounds like she is, she may have nasty intestinal worms so get some Avitrol & deworm her. you might have de-mited her but what about stick-fast fleas? use ivermectin for that (pm me for how to get it or i can send it to you).also coccidiosis can cause lethargy & anaemia which is a disgusting little organism & treatment is complicated but using commercially bought chook food can contain the correct antimocrobials to minimalise coccidia.....
                        right have i covered all underwear.....
                        hope i have for time being.
                        also, re the beetroot rags : just roast skin on, then freeze whole 'roots, then you'll have fresh 'roots for a while (um,that sounded faintly obscene)...i finely chop mine, mix with yoghurt & white onion & tuscan herb mix....very nice side dish.
                        also experimented last night & had spelt crepes filled with prawns,smoked salmon & fennel cream.....oh my gawd what a delish dish....
                        more later slaters as doing puter work right now as you can tell.....be back in a bit.....

Comment

Back from camping - had a glorious 5 days then the rain set in!!! The surf was so rough that the boogie board broke in half but it was very exhilarating!! Glad we left when we did though, as the place we were camping has since been evacuated :H:H

Cats are happy we are home but they have been well looked after by our 10-year old neighbour ..... her first experience of paid work! (feeding the cats and watering my tomatoes). She did a great job.

I haven't had time to read back other than today's posts, so I dont know what is happening, but I trust TF is safe from floods. I'm a bit tired after a long drive today, and will catch up in the morning.
                          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Mr G. I love avocados. On white toast. With pepper and lemon juice. Adn with bacon/mushrooms/ guacamole....

Hi Beags! Sydney and South coast of NSW must be the only places in OZ not havingf extreme weather. And I changed the number of posts per page!!

I have just returned from an all day scuba course on how to use enriched air blends (more oxygen content) and stay alive underwater while breathing it. After the course we went for a dive on scooters. Lots of fun. Swam with 3 different schools of fish, saw a couple of stingrays.
                            Am zorsted though as after went shopping with Mr Rags and I got him to drop me halfway up our road and I hoofed it home. Bloody steep!
                            Got to go now and cook din din. Doing a BBQ with coleslaw using my garden veg.

My love to you all,

Raggsy

Comment

Bugger, forgot to wave to Missy. Catch up with you tomorrow Missy.

Comment

Hello Undies,
                                I unreservedly apologise for being such a grumpy bum yesterday. I've no idea where my head was at. :blush: Yes a low point Tawny, I've decided to give up on Campral as I've been having stomach cramps etc for days. Sense of humour is on the return hopefully!
                                Thank you all for all the attention too
                                Rags;1046566 wrote: Hi Ficks,
                                I was going to post you this arvo about Curves. Briefly I get the strong feeling they don't want you to actually perspire on any of the equipment..... Yep, I was really good during my holidays but have been crap at even going now.
                                I get frustrated at having to move on every 60 seconds so think I'll move on to a real gym soon so I can do proper training. (well proper in my mind) Mind you, they do have something tho, as I've noticed if I go for a walk before going I really get my heart rate up during that 20 mins. So there is NO EXCUSE for me not to go. I think it will work if we give it a go and you certainly are! GO RAGS!!!
                                Angelcakes;1046637 wrote: I'm planning on doing AF Feb...there's a thing where one can raise money also - get sponsored - for addiction charities. If anyone's interested...we can do together. Ok, am in for sure Angel (don't know about sponsors - people at work would think I'm wierd) Also, last time some guys at work did this.. it involved a website where you could not only sponsor a person but 'buy them a drink' ie: pay extra so the person could get off the hook and have a beer, say on Friday, whilst still staying in the running for being sober..... go figure
                                Guitarista;1046667 wrote: Well, well, well. You remember my avocado tree that hasn't been producing for the last couple of year's? This morning i found a mini-avo on the ground. I looked up, and they are many. WOW! I have no idea how said tree 'got some action', but I am absolutely delighted.
                                Well all this rain is giving us a brilliant apple crop too.. First time they've been eatable! I was thinking over the last few years they must have been planted for their blossom. But now I realise they are 'real' apple trees!!
                                beagle;1046721 wrote:
                                perspiring mightily as i write due to a humid day in southern West Oz. yesty was a stinker reached 41 down here, but i rode fearlessly in the heat & as a consequence was crayfish coloured in the face for a bit until i showered & cooled down. but i felt quite saintly in the fact that weather doesn't deter me. ummm, right.
                                Good work Beags,
                                I've been out in the heat as well, gardening with the sweat pouring and thinking sheesh I'm sure it ain't a good look but is gotta be healthy! Big Hats are good in the sun but while working it feels like Head Will EXPLODE!
                                Mish, keep that garden energy coming... you can do ANYTHING! As can I! People came round today that haven't been here for a year and were really impressed with my garden and my kitchen. It's exciting when somebody notices the change. Otherwise it's all hard work over long time and I don't notice it myself till they do.
                                Miss Behaving;1046743 wrote:
                                Back from camping - had a glorious 5 days then the rain set in!!! The surf was so rough that the boogie board broke in half but it was very exhilarating!! Glad we left when we did though, as the place we were camping has since been evacuated :H:H
                                Cats are happy we are home but they have been well looked after by our 10-year old neighbour ..... her first experience of paid work! (feeding the cats and watering my tomatoes). She did a great job.
                                Sounds like a great camping trip MissB. I've been chatting with someone who did the Cradle Mountain Trip in Tasmania recently and it sounds like a must do trip for me and kiddos some time in near future. Innkeepers Tasmania - Holiday accommodation | Hotels | Motels | Resorts | Apartments | Things to do in Tasmania
                                My youngest daughter is 10 and spends time with peeps next door who breed Burmese so she gets all the kitten time she needs there (lucky thing). Her highest aspiration at the moment is to be a volunteer at RSPCA and clean out cages of animals. I think that is a hint that she is an animal person :H Hope I can talk her into a dog walking business instead.
                                Anyone else I've missed, sorry.. I am also guilty of 'ignoring' people I guess
                                (PS: Aspy I need info on Campral if you check in any time.. i might pm you)

Comment

Working...
                                X