Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Year's Resolutions. Throw your hat in the ring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning:
    Any resolution posted on this thread can, and probably will be copied and pasted back to you in times of wavering certainty :H

Remember .....plan your work, then work your plan

This year, amongst other small, large but realistic and acheivable goals, I Bridget Jones resolve to act rather than react, drive my life rather than ride shotgun, steer rather than drift, lead rather than follow, become involved rather than watch.

There.No getting out of it now.

Let's have it folks. What amazing things, large and small are you going to acheive this year ?
    Let's get inspired.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Bridget, your New Year plans sound fabulous!

I am very happy and excited to welcome in the New Year!! I believe that 2011 is going to be a a terrific year! For, me, I will continue on the path that I have been on for three years now. To live life, fully in sobriety, to continue to grow as a person in all areas and to be myself!!

Happy Healthy, Happy and Sober New Year, Everyone!
    Kate
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Lovely Bridget! My hopes and dreams for the new year are rather simple. One resolution and one fantasy. I vow to be a better person than I was in 2010. I also wish to lie on my back in Frogville whilst she trims my chest hair with her ride on mower. Failing that, a HUGH boost in income would be wonderful.
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I too intend to improve on the life I am already living.....

In 2011 I will continue to enjoy sobriety but I will be more confidently sober.
        I will practice more love and tolerance towards others
        I will treat my body with the respect it deserves (if I didn't have it, where would I live?!)
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

I plan to drink less this year.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I love all your plans for 2011, everyone.
            Like Techie, I will give my all to be a better person this year. That includes sobriety, of course, but I want to be more giving to others here, in gratitude for all the help I have received over the past 4 months. I never would have believed four months ago that I would be feeling like this and want to help others find this path of peace and joy on which I'm now firmly established.
            I have lots of 'projects' to do this year. My garden is going to be stunning! I've been digging out garden beds each evening and have limestone blocks to make a retaining wall. I'll be bringing in compost, loam and good soil and starting a vege garden out in the back yard. My patio plants are thrving in this glorious Summer weather. I also have garden walls to put in out the front. My artificial turf goes down on January 10th and 11th. I'm so excited.
            I also plan to finish scanning the rest of my photo albums and uploading everything onto my terabyte. It's a big assignment, but it will be so worth it when it's all done.
            I have a lot of personal study I want to do, too. Plenty there to keep me busy and out of trouble.
            Exercise is going to feature largely on my 2011 Calendar. The digging has given me a taste of how good it feels to be working out, so it's very important that I stick with it and don't allow myself to slip back into old, lazy habits.
            This may sound shallow, but I'm going to work on my appearance this year. I'm looking so much better since being AF that I've started taking more interest in my appearance. Also, not having to wear glasses any more has brought out a little vanity in me. I've been so depressed for years and I've wept out most of the beauty in my eyes, so I think I deserve a little pampering. Hell, I deserve a lot!
            I wish everyone here at MWO all the best possible joys and blessings for 2011.
            :h Mish :h
            sigpic
            Never give up...
            GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
            Remaining a perpetual possibility
            Only in a world of speculation.
            What might have been and what has been
            Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Love it Bridget!! Everyone remember this if I start wavering......

I was just talking to hubby about my 'Plan' (not a resolution). So, thank you for the opportunity to post it. I believe more in plans than resolutions. Plans can be fine tuned and it feels like I have failed many resolutions.

1. Going to take Antabuse consistently. I know my body and mind and the Antabuse works for me. I will continue to see the Psychiatrist but I will be more assertive in what I know works for me. However, I will be open to his suggestions.

2. Going to spend QUALITY TIME with my family. Instead of rushing around doing all the daily routine stuff. Going to pay attention to the fun times/good times/LOVE that my life is filled with.

3. Going to remember to spend time for ME. With no guilt. It is ok for me to have needs.

4. Going to attend some more AA meetings. I will give it a fair try and then make my decision.

Thank you Bridgette for starting this. These are the thoughts that I had already shared with my family but it is nice to have it written out. I am ready to go back to the happy person that I was and this is the continuation of that. :h
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

A vision without a plan is just a dream as they say.....
                Whatever gets the job done Nora

This is all great stuff, very uplifting.

Erm ....... Techie ....... good luck with all of that ........
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Lose 50 lbs of which 20 is definitely booze weight (the rest baby weight gain -- and my baby is 5 years old--lol)
                  Goes without saying that drinking will not be a part of my immediate future if I want to accomplish that goal.
                  Make myslef proud of me so that my hubby and son will be too.

Good luck all

Comment

Techie, Techie, Techie .... I don't use the ride-on for that! The hedge clippers do a much neater, less invasive job.

OK. My plan is to spend less time in my head. I will endeavour to stop isolating and actively surround myself with people whose company I find mentally stimulating and intellectually challenging. I let a lot of relationships slide because most of these people are big drinkers but you know what? That's their problem and not mine. It's their brains I was initially attracted to and so it should remain.

And I plan to say "no" more often.

Comment

Good stuff Tawny!

I'm going to harvest my backyard wild mint, and make lot's of mint tea.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Tawny I'm going to copy "spending less time in my head" I like that!

Mr G I have plenty mint in my garden too :h stop by anytime for a tea....
                        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

Thank's Chilli! That's nice to know.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Be more tolerant and patient.
                            That's a biggy for me.
                            Bridge will undoubtedly be able to remind me of that often throughout the next 364 days!
                            Oh, and not dwell so much on the remaining time I may or may not have on this good earth, and get correspondingly morose.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1032272 wrote: Techie, Techie, Techie .... I don't use the ride-on for that! The hedge clippers do a much neater, less invasive job.

OK. My plan is to spend less time in my head. I will endeavour to stop isolating and actively surround myself with people whose company I find mentally stimulating and intellectually challenging. I let a lot of relationships slide because most of these people are big drinkers but you know what? That's their problem and not mine. It's their brains I was initially attracted to and so it should remain.

And I plan to say "no" more often.
                              TF,
                              Thought you wuz spending time with us intellectual stimulants right here!

Comment

Working...
                              X