Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Year's Resolutions. Throw your hat in the ring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fix my credit
    Go to the gym
    Continue my AF journey
    and (as oney says)

Live.
    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Feel free to throw these back in my face if I waver!! In honor of the article Betty shared with us:

1. I want to go to Planet Fitness twice a week-I will go at 7pm and be home by 8:15

2. I want to take the doggies for walks 3 times a week

3. I want to buy a really fun water bottle and have it with me FULL at all times

4. I want to eat one fruit and/or veggie at each meal

5. I want to track my food on Weight Watcher's Etools for the next 8 weeks

6. I want
      to explore some volunteer options

7. I want
      to stop being envious of other people's monetary successes and start making my own success

8. I want
      to stop moaning and groaning with my coworker about work and our boss

9. I want
      to finish those **&^%F# mittens for my nephew before summer arrives (or else they'll be shipped off to OZ to whoever wants them -maybe we can have the "One Green Mitten World Tour" :H )

10 through Infinity. I do NOT WANT AL in my life and nor will it be!!
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Ok, here is what I've come up with so far...
        [list type=decimal][*]Continue my post-surgery physical recovery; run at least 2 half-marathons and possibly my first full marathon.[*]Explore my spirituality and find a more comfortable church community.[*]Begin researching and networking in preparation for leaving my employment in 2012.[*]Become active in providing volunteer services in my community.[*]Be better at keeping in touch with family and friends - sending birthday greetings, etc.[*]Remain 100% Alcohol Free.Reduce my carbon footprint.Pamper and reward myself with a massage at least once a month Explore yoga as an outlet for exercise and relaxation.Improve my piano playing skills.Clean out my basement.Master my new NookColor![/list type=decimal]
        John
        AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Less throbbage, more action!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

My New Years resolutions for 2011--

First and foremost, I am going to stay sober.

I'm going to start doing artwork again and get my etsy.com store up and running again.

I want to be reliable at my job. During 2010 I missed work several times because of drinking. No more. I work at a senior living facility so it would not be cool to come in with a contagious illness so if I get the flu or something like that I will have to call in but short of that, I'm going to be dependable.

I will start journaling on a regular basis again.

I will try and spend less/save more where money is concerned. Now that I'm not shelling out $20 a day on booze this should be a piece of cake, but unfortunately it's not so simple. I enjoy shopping way too much.

I want to be healthy-- exercise everyday, eat lots of fruits and vegetables, drink lots of water. I need to lose about 20 lbs that I put on while drinking and it's going to be a challenge to do it without going overboard and being sucked into a cycle of disordered eating (I have a history of both binge eating disorder, anorexia and bulimia).

Finally, I'd like to give something back. I only work 4 days a week so it should be easy for me to fit some volunteer work into my schedule. I'm passionate about books and animals and I also really like kids though I'm not very good with them.
              Alcohol Free since 11/29/10!

Comment

Hello All!

Wow I missed this thread yesterday and it's filling up with resolutions fast!

1) Achieve 6 months AF and then decide whether to MOD or Abstain
                2) Exercise - at least 5 days a week, including giving Yoga a try
                3) Eat Healthfully
                4) Work on my tranquility
                5) LIVE!

Comment

" I will not put peanut butter on my dog's tail so that he can chase it for hours....while I watch !" Ha!
                  ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                  those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

:H IAD
                    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

So with the new healthier approach... I'm trying to eat a few small meals a day. I wonder if SunChips count?
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Only the multigrain ones Sunni!!:H
                        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                        X