USUALLY I FAIL BUT WISH TO SUCCEED JAN 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all you people who, like me, are a bit embarrassed to publicly claim, yet again, that your intention is to abstain, either forever or for a period of time. I have often made that pronouncement and not lasted more than a few days.

My short term goal is to take the month of January to detox my body from alcohol. I don't know what will happen after that. I hope that I continue to have fun AF as we entertain a lot and I treasure my friends and family's company. That usually involves drinking. I will need alot of support. This site is amazing in it's unwavering support.

The first thing I need is a plan. We have a huge wine rack full of wine within arms reach and that wine ain't going no where. It's here to stay. That will be my first hurdle. Hubby is supportive. He drinks wine too but doesn't have the physical cravings I get. He can take it or leave it. He usually drinks wine at my suggestion.

By the way, I am a 54 year woman living in the countryside and working for the family business. I have three grown kids who live on their own and a beautiful baby grand-daughter who I adore. She will be my motivation.

My drinking pattern is sharing a bottle of wine with dinner each and every day and drinking more on the weekends. If we open the second bottle we usually kill it as well.

Anyone want to join me on this journey. I want to prove to myself that I can accomplish this as it will open the door to my accomplishing ANYTHING.. OK now for the plan....
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

Hi Tipp, just focus on today, how you will avoid alcohol today. The days will pile up as long as you are not impatient with time, let time pass. j
    Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

We will help any way we can Tipp....and Janka is right...ODAT....
      sounds like you have a lovely life!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
      X