Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mish'n Accomplished

January 2nd 2011
    I'm excited to be starting my new thread, and especially thrilled because of the reason behind it. In my last thread, "On a Mishn," I chronicled my Baclofen journey from my early attempts to have it prescribed to the amazing, miraculous results as I titrated up and reached "The Switch."
    I no longer hear the voice of The Beast telling me to drink. I'm no longer afraid of an AF life because I'm living it and it's wonderful. I have 29 AF days behind me now, and many more to come. I have no struggle daily to quell cravings, nor "drinking thinking" to suck me back into the vortex. It was just so darned easy with Baclofen.
    I can now do all the things I've been wanting to do but haven't had the internal resources to cope with them.
    I'm building a limestone wall for my vegie garden. I'm bringing in good soil and compost when it's done and then I can start planting. So looking forward to picking home grown vegies and herbs for my cooking! I'm starting on digging out the garden beds for the wall and gardens in the front this evening. It's 40 degrees Celcius today so evenings are the best time to be out there. The "Fremantle Doctor" (seabreeze) will have cooled it down a bit by then.
    I also have other projects on the go. I'm scanning all my photo albums so I can have everything on a USB memory stick and on my Terabyte. My house is sparking and very, very organised. My OCD makes sure of this. All my labels are facing the front and my spice bottles are in alphabetical order. I'm nowhere near as anxious as I was when I was drinking, nor as depressed. Hopefully 2011 will see me off Lexapro as well.
    Life is very positive for Mish at the moment, and I know how much of it I owe to MWO and my beautiful, compassionate, supportive friends here. Thank you all.
    I have asked if I can change my Username from Mishmash to Mish because, simply put, my life isn't a mishmash any longer.
    Several of you have suggested that I continue to write as you believe I have an ability in this area. I am going to do so. I'm also going to devote some of my AF time to helping support and encourage others who are new or struggling. I truly want to give something back. I wish you could all try Baclofen, because it has taken all the work out of getting and remaining sober.
    I described it in my previous thread as slaying The Beast. I used Baclofen as my sword to inflict a mortal wound and, as this miracle drug did its work, I watched the life blood drain from The Beast and the light fade from its eyes.
    It's quite dead now, along with its evil, insideous voice and its once compelling "drinking thinking."
    I hope you will continue to follow my thread and post your very much appreciated comments. :h:h:h:h
    :h Mish :h
    sigpic
    Never give up...
    GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
    Remaining a perpetual possibility
    Only in a world of speculation.
    What might have been and what has been
    Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Mish'n Accomplished

Good for you mish - good luck on your journey - I'm sure you will find it as wonderful as many of us do
    It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Mish'n Accomplished

Good on you Mish. Keep going forward!

Comment

Mish'n Accomplished

Hi Mish!

Great stuff, and congratulation's on 29 day's, with the big 30 coming up tomorrow. This is a huge achievement, baclofen or not.

If i can just offer a few words of caution. You still have to work and be pro-active in maintaining your sobriety. It is not over, and it's early day's yet. I'm sure you realise this, but i wanted to make that point to you, at the risk of sounding like a 'partypooper'. Alcohol/our addictive mind, is very cunning, powerful, and baffling, so be on your guard my friend. I'm not trying to detract from your fantastic achievement Mish, or from your current positive mindset. I care about your journey, and i speak from personal experience.

Enough waffle from me! Have a great week. Greg.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Mish'n Accomplished

Way to go mish!!!!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Mish'n Accomplished

Really great, Mish. I'm so happy for you and look forward to this month's chronicles!

KG

Comment

Mish'n Accomplished

Thanks everyone for your positive input. G, I'm aware of the newness of my sobriety and will always stay on my guard. However, the voice has been silenced and the thought of picking up a glass of booze and drinking it is foreign to me now,
              I know I'll never look to AL again as a reward, a companion, a pain killer and problem solver. It's none of the above for me. It's poison. Having reached this stage, and being so darned happy and enthusiastic about my life, I'm not going to do anything which might try and take it all away from me.
              Nonetheless, I understand what you're saying and appreciate your genuine concern.
              Time will tell if this feeling is for real. I believe that it is, and that things are only to keep getting better.

Well, thirty four days AF and still no desire for alcohol. Not even a teeny, weeny one. I'm full on back into the garden and cooking again. Yesterday we had 20mm rain and a 29 degrees day. I put in my footings for my wall yesterday evening in the rain. I was dripping when I came in, but oh so triumphant over what I had accomplished.
              This afternoon I'm going to do some shopping and bill paying before settling into some serious landscaping. The limestone blocks are pretty darned heavy , however, and I don't think my little trolly will be sturdy enough to handle the job of moving the blocks to where I'm going to be starting on the wall. I have bought the brickies Light mix where all I have to do is mix the little bags of the contents together and add water. I'm very excited about doing this on my own instead of hiring a tradie to do the job for me. The quotes I was given were outrageous! $970 just to lay the blocks! Crazy when I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself. And I'll have much more job satisfaction into the bargain, not to mention money.Pay someone else? Not going to happen!
              I'm still feeling really wonderful in myself and my positive, happy demeanour is shaving the years off me. I actually like looking at myself in the mirror now. No more diverting my eyes because I don't want to look at my glazed eyes, puffy face, shamed expression. Instead I'm finding pleasure in my clear eyes, my improved skin tone, and my more toned body. Muscle definition beginning to show as a result of my work in the garden.
              As for enthusiasm, gratitude, appreciation for my life and accomplishments...well, they're unparalled. I hadn't realised how much AL had taken away from me. I'll never take this feeling for granted. I've gradually been simplifying my life over the past five years, so now all I have to deal with is very manageable. All my relationships are in a very good place and I'm living a more authentic life, true to my value system. I'm also trying to use this new, positive power coursing through my veins to give back to others and become the best possible person I can be.
              I'm just loving it!
              sigpic
              Never give up...
              GET UP!!!

Comment

Mish'n Accomplished

I just noticed that my Username has been changed from Mishmash to Mish, as I requested. A new name, a new year and a new outlook on life. It doesn't get any better than this.
                sigpic
                Never give up...
                GET UP!!!

Comment

Mish'n Accomplished

Congratulations !!!!
                  Moderating since 1st December 2010

"There is no such thing as failure, only feedback"

Comment

Mish'n Accomplished

So happy for you Mish! You sound really great - like you're thinking clearly and sure of yourself!

Comment

Mish'n Accomplished

Congrats and keep up the good stuff!!
                      Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Mish'n Accomplished

Great job Mish!!!:l:l:l
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Mish'n Accomplished

I'm wondering if taking Baclofen can be used as a plea in a in a court of law.

"Your Honour, my client claims diminished responsibility due to taking the drug Baclofen."

I'm thinking I must be crazy, but I don't feel crazy. However, I'm acting way out of character here and I'm not in the least worried about it. Not stressed, not anxious, not on the verge of a panic attack and not sick with regret about how "I shouldn't have done it." Instead, I'm full of enthusiasm and motivation. I'm not even "coping" with the situation, I'm relishing it.
                          I know I have an addictive personality, but who'd have ever thought I could turn this trait into good rather than evil? If what I've done is a good thing, that is...
                          Normally conservative, financially responsible Mish has disappeared, apparently, to be replaced by this mad woman who has maxed out her credit cards and taken out a further (though interest free) loan in the pursuit of the perfect garden. Now if I'd done all that for Home Shopping I really would be in danger of being put away...oh, all right, I admit it. I've ordered a couple of things, okay! Mostly the garden, though. (Some of that Home Shopping stuff looks really good, hey?
                          I was working out how much I have to pay back this morning and it's somewhere in the vicinity of fifteen thousand dollars. That mightn't sound huge, but I'm the woman who likes to use her credit card accounts as savings accounts. If I make a purchase, I put it back next pension day. I never pay interest on my accounts. I guess that has stood me in good stead because when I did go stark raving mad with my plans for the garden, the funds were available.
                          So why is it that I'm not scared witless? Maybe it's because I'm so filled with a zest for life that I'm just starting to put things in the right order at last.
                          Maybe it's because I know that if things do get a bit tight financially I can just step out into the garden and see where the money has gone, and that's enough for me.
                          Maybe it's because I'm finally doing all the things I've been wanting to do but AL has kept me so depressed, anxious and terminally miserable that I haven't been able to climb out of the pit long enough to find the will to do anything but function at the most basic of levels.
                          I know I can keep up with the repayments (although paying interest really bites), but if I can't does anyone know a good lawyer who might think Baclofen might might make a good case for temporary insanity?
                          sigpic
                          Never give up...
                          GET UP!!!

Comment

Working...