Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Tuesday 4th Jan 2011

Thanks all.

I was sent to this site originally by cymru, who I knew from AA at the time if anyone remembers him. He is doing well and we text now and then.

These 3 days havent been too bad, I drank so much NYE and NYD, i dont think I am physically capable right now lol. Plus I do find AA a help, it was lovely to go back yesterday and see old friends who are still sober almost 2 years on. Going to just try and fill my time with meetings for now to take the first weeks away.

Anyway, Im a 38 year old female, currently unemployed (but self employed, I have a good income from a very large website) I took redundancy from my job in November though as it was customer service for a telecom in the UK which ... sucked by the end and didnt help with the drinking the whole 8 years I worked there. It's nice to not have to work but my mind needs something to think about so ... stop drinking, get job... first on list! LOL ! xx

Comment

Stay close then, Kitty.

It sounds like you know the drill and now just have to dig deep to come up with sufficient motivation and a good plan?

I'll see youse lot laters - the cubette and I are off to go shopping and get my car washed (no, I'm not just a lazy bastard - we're not allowed to use hoses to wash vehicles and the bucket system causes scratches because of the dust that accumulates. That's my excuse, anyways )
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Oops... hi and bye, Expat :hallo:

Good luck at work today!
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

See you mr tips enjoy your day.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Kitty get your self a plan you will find good helpfull advice in the tool thread which is in monthly abstainers,you can do this.

Comment

OK army people hope to drop by laters, have a good happy sober day.

Comment

Morning LJ,cirly wirly stily girly,Starts,Molls,mario,Expat,Kitty and all those yet to drop by.

A big :hello2: and :welcome: to Kitty

Can you hear that............no............it's the sound of silence. Bliss

Back to normal in the JC house
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good Morning All,

Kitty - Welcome and well done on a couple of days break and hope the lovely guys here and I can help you get back on track!

I can't believe it is actually snowing here again now...I thought we were done with all that. Bring on the sunshine, I need some heat!

Have a good day everyone - especially those who have to return to work!

EW
                  If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

Hello again - Hiya JC :wavin: and EW.

Welcome Kitty... Stick around the barracks and we'll help keep you in line...

Just having a wee break from inventory number. Dislike it but someone's gotta do it...:upset::upset:
                    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Morning all - woke up wth a damn cold relapse....I am convinced that my house is a giant petrie dish. We are supposed to go to the mountains for a family reunion this weekend, but if this cold starts gettiing around the house, well, let's say it wlil be a looooong weekend at home! Hopefully it is just bad in the morning (fingers crossed) and I wlil feel better later. Hope everyone has a great day.

And welcome Kitty!
                      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Just a quick hello and goodbye!!
                        Welcome Kitty to the Army--See you later.

Comment

:hallo: EW,Waggers, Mrs A. Yooooooooo hoooooooooo again Stirls.

I'll come and cook the books for you Stirls cos I can guarantee after a day of peace and quiet I'll be bored.

Waggers, I used to book a weekly appt at my doctors for my 2, I always seemed to dragginf one of them there. I just used to cancel it if it wasn't needed.

You orff on another run, Mrs A.

You mentioned the S word, EW. Yellow Card
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

morning peeps.... this is the first time ive been out of bed before 11 for over a week. back to work tomorrow so i thinking i better get back to some sensibe routine (ha ha). hope yis all well and perky
                            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

OOPS! Sorry JC
                              If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

Morning guys, just going to pack my bag then I'm off. Kitty you are very welcome, personally I find the support, genuine care and accountability that I find here daily paramount in my keeping sober.
                                Molly its good to see you.
                                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                                X