• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's AF day number:

Can I join this thread? Day 1 for me...
    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

It's AF day number:

come on in the waters fine..day 1 is the start of the rest of your sober life:getwell:
      " Life is good ...then it gets better "

Comment

It's AF day number:

Lucky Day 7 For Me!

I love this thread! Look at how great we are all doing, whether it be day one or day 100! This time last week I never thought I would have made it 7 days sober. I actually wasn't planning to give up AL at all last week, even though every day the little voice inside my head told me I should. If it wasn't for MWO, I don't think I would have made it. I do have strong willpower when push comes to shove, but I owe a great deal of my success to you guys! :l

Mrs B: "50 today can't believe it - that's 50 bottles of wine I haven't poured down my throat!"

Your comment is such a visual impact! I also drank at least my share of a bottle of day and switched over to "boxed wine" for that reason. So I probably haven't drank 3 bottles of box wine in my abstinence. That is powerful imagery! Kudos on 50 days, you are an inspirations!

Nichau: "Day 13...I figured I saved about 130 bucks by now!" Another great way of correlating something tangible ($$) with being AF. For me, I am at a cost savings of about 60 bucks. Imagine lighting fire to 3 $20.00 bills? That's what I equate it to! And as Congrats on 13 days, that will be me in a week or so!

Ringing Cedars: Yes, you are so right, it is hard to calculate all of the "intagible" costs relating to health, attitude and overall wellbeing, to mention a few.

Heading into day 7 with a smile on my face!
        Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
        :h

Comment

It's AF day number:

25!
          You always succeed if you never stop trying.
          Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

It's AF day number:

14, and going strong!

Comment

It's AF day number:

Day 2!- still in AF infancy stages- but One Day At A Time- right?
              It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

It's AF day number:

good day all you AF'ers (and you ppl trying hard to get there) its day 14 for me.thats like 2 weeks.YEAH BABY.
                " Life is good ...then it gets better "

Comment

It's AF day number:

DAY 6!!!
                  AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

It's AF day number:

59! Hooray for Antabuse! Day 1 feels like yesterday and it was hard. Day 2 and 3 were hard. One day last week was super, super hard, but it can be done so continue to GO FOR IT!!!! I feel about 10000x better and I did not even know I felt as bad as I must have for there to be such improvement. And no more night sweats. 10 lbs off without effort. It is ALL GOOD!

And once again, did I mention Antabuse??? There is no way I could be AF without it. I know some are fearful about the possible effects on the liver but when I mentioned it to my doc, he laughted @ me and said those effects were far less harmful than the damage I was already doing with my alcohol intake. I still take less the prescribed just to be safe.

Anyway, just want to offer encouragement to all.

Comment

It's AF day number:

Way to go everyone. Jan 15 and 15 af days.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

It's AF day number:

R.C.! We both quit at the same time. Day 15, and feeling good!

Comment

It's AF day number:

Yeah Fen!--I'm lookin good too. Well face is--body could use some work.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

It's AF day number:

day 24 for me! Woohoo!

l x
                            'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

It's AF day number:

day 13 for me, and just completed my first half marathon of the year today,GET IN THERE !!! havent done too many races in recent times due to my drinking....long may our AF CONTINUE....well done to all
                              Still trying !!!
                              AF 25th June2014

Comment

It's AF day number:

Good job on your race Damo! Day 26 for me!
                                You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                                Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Working...
                                X