Pompey ..... thanks for concern everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi all thanks for all the support ....... not been able to get the internet at home ...... wont go into it ... got to the library today ....... Panno I will get the internet somehow ...... I havent forgotten your kindness ...... really lonely xmas ......... did drink but not as much as usual ... having little money has its benefits!!!! strangely didnt think about my kids hardly at all this year .... time eh??? ..... got some feedback from a friend who still sees them and my "little" 12 year old girl has started smoking ...... even that didnt make me drink more as it would have done before ..... really got the "i am powerless" thing now .... finished my set of counselling sessions at the local drug/Al support centre and i really found it useful!! he was brill and in the final session (you only get 6!) he brought it all together for me in a really meaningful way .... as a result prob going to move away from plymouth to a more "stimulating" city ..... thinking of Brighton .... more jobs ..... closer to london ..... uni friends there ...... sister there ..... only stayed in this cultural desert (plymouth) to be close to my kids and i dont see them any way!!! ....... had a couple of awful withdrawrals so we sat down together and planned a gradual tapering over the 2 weeks of xmas which i stuck to ...... last drink new years eve ..... only symptom as a a result insomnia so i just sit up watching telly ...... this will pass soon i hope ...... any how i hope everyone is keeping well and i will start reading all the back posts each time i come to the library ..... going to search for jobs now ...... only get a fixed amount of time on computers ...... have a good rest of day X pompey X ..... ironically weve got brighton in the FA cup on Sat ...... !!!!! will cut and paste this message and start a new thread as well
    I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round .... really love to watch them roll .... no longer riding on the merry-go-round ...... I just had to let it go

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

pm, so great to hear from you. I've really been hoping you were doing ok, and it sounds as though you're making steady progress. It will be fantastic if you can manage to post from time to time just so we can know how you're doing. It seems like your counselling sessions have had a positive influence on you. You're sounding much more in control of the situation. Great work!
    :h Mish :h
    sigpic
    Never give up...
    GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
    Remaining a perpetual possibility
    Only in a world of speculation.
    What might have been and what has been
    Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Pompeyman - nice to see you! Hope to continue to see you here and be a support for you. Wishing you all the best!!
      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

It's good to hear from you Pman, and sounds like you are in a better place with a new future so starting 2011 with something to look forward to :l

Dewdrop :h
        Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Working...
        X