Feel I've Got Legs Me Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Day to everyone and my best wishes to all in journey to sobriety or moderation, I have chatted in the chat room with a few very loving and caring souls. I want to thank Tlrg, Rusty, GoodforGold, GIBT, Kate, Determinator, atm, and many more for there support and help. My desire now is help others struggling threw the painful spiral the addiction to alcohol plays in our lives. I won't go into a long story of my alcohol lifestyle, but it was a slow and painful bottom that left me homeless for a month, jail time for 22 days, two stints at rehab, one stint at a half-way house, many medications, countless AA meetings, and the list goes on and on. Back on November 22nd I came to this ultimate choice. Do I want die before the age of 50 from liver failure or do I want to make something of my life that was given to me as a gift from God. Being in my mid 30's now I feel left behind, but that was my choice I wanted to drink more than I wanted jobs or loving relationships. On that day I said I want to choose jobs, loving relationships, a future family, stability, healing, and more importantly healthy sobriety. It a choice we all have to look in the mirror to make. It is a painful decision the love my beer and vodka was a love I REALLY LOVED. But this new now is so great and feels so good that I don't think I want to fall back in love with AL again. On November 22nd I broke of my marriage to AL and signed the divorce papers. Now I give my love to this life and the gift that it is and see life threw eyes of clarity and threw inspiration of better days. I can now be the man I want to be, to be the friend I can be, to be successful at jobs, to do the hobbies I once loved but lost to my marriage to AL, it is time be the person God intended me to be. Thank you all for reading this! I am here for to help those in need of someone to talk to. I also need your help to. I am like the little birdie in the nest getting ready to fly. My wings feel strong, but I am little nervous about taking off into the sky. Everyday those wings feel stronger and the confidence grows. Love to all in journey together!
    AF 11/22/2010

Hi cithorson,

Welcome to MWO, so glad you found us!
    I hope you stay around while you build your strength & keep learning here.

Why not jump on the daily AF thread & Newbies Nest, let us know how you're doing?!

Wishing you the very best on your journey!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi

what a lovely post!!

there is lots of support here and I know you will fly as you intend!!

Try this thread for some help too!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Thank you!

Thank you for the comments! I will post there Lavande. Where is the Newbies nest at on here. Thank you again!
        AF 11/22/2010

Comment

Chris, SO good to hear you're taking the plunge! Just don't take on too much at once. Heal yourself first, and remember it's not selfish to think of your needs before what you can do for others. When, several years ago, I went to rehab, we had a no-nonsense counselor who told us to make a list, 1 thru 20, of what we considered the most important in our lives. Then we had to cut it to five, then 2, then what was the MOST important to us to get well. Being older, having perhaps more perspective, I was the only one who put myself first. As guilty as I felt, I realized that an impaired, sick, me, was of no use to anyone. It was a hard lesson, but a true one.
          Get yourself well for YOU. Otherwise, you'll be constantly trying to please others, and become frustrated. And you won't be a person you friends and loved ones want or can count on.
          Again, I'm proud of you for hanging in here. Join us on the 'Journey Starts Here' thread anytime. Some really great folks there, who will have your back as you proceed on this new start.
          :huggy
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

By the way, 'Journey' is here on General Discussion, and 'Newbies Nest' is on 'Just Starting Out' section. Best of luck, honey.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Thank you rubywillow. That is great advice as I tend to be obsessive and at the same time a person who loves to give to others. I know I have to focus on ME and not try to take on too much which has gotten me into trouble in the past. Thank you for that!
              AF 11/22/2010

Comment

:welcome: Hi CL - just wanted to say welcome and send you peace and strength. You have found a great place. Be sure to read, read, read. A good exercise and eating plan, along with L-Glutamine for cravings, and lots of lemon water are a big help when you're starting out.

xx,
                KG

Comment

Thank you KG! I have L-Glut...I have been taking it everyday...It does help with the cravings plus the other huge benefits it give a person! Thank you for your support!
                  AF 11/22/2010

Comment

Hi Chris~good for you to get that all out. I'm sure that is a huge burden and you feel lighter for your journey forward. We talked a while in chat one night. Did you find the Monsanto link you were interested in? Good to see you on the boards!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hi RingingCedars..yes i did..it was very interesting reading to say the least and thought provoking..How have you been?
                      AF 11/22/2010

Comment

Hey Chris glad you found it. I'm doing very well again-thank you. I just got some upgrade software and should be on line at home again. Yeah. Hope to see you later!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

:welcome: Thor
                          Great to see you feeling positive, chat was my saviour to in the early days, i used to go in there when ever i had a craving. I too divorced my dear AL last year and although it was scary at 1st trying to stand on my own too feet now I feel invincible and wont be taking any crap like that again, not in this life!
                          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

Chillgirl;1035930 wrote: :welcome: Thor
                            Great to see you feeling positive, chat was my saviour to in the early days, i used to go in there when ever i had a craving. I too divorced my dear AL last year and although it was scary at 1st trying to stand on my own too feet now I feel invincible and wont be taking any crap like that again, not in this life!
                            Wow Awesome Chili...there is strength in numbers...It's soo true!!
                            AF 11/22/2010

Comment

Ringing Cedars;1035866 wrote: Hey Chris glad you found it. I'm doing very well again-thank you. I just got some upgrade software and should be on line at home again. Yeah. Hope to see you later!
                              I am looking forward to talking to you!
                              AF 11/22/2010

Comment

Working...
                              X