Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pls help - I'm about to reach for a drink after so long Alcohol Free!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run like the wind. If he is toying with you now, imagine what he will do later. Buh-by text boy!

Don't mean to sound snarky - I just remember those days so well. And I was not trying to get sober at the time! I can't imagine having someone playing head games wth me while I was trying to stay sober. Good luck friend.
    February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

btc,
      yes, i am definitely loving myself more each day. i've had six morniings without hangovers. six evenings with my son, memory intact. i can live life without vodka or beer, and be so much happier to boot. when i was drinking, i was full of self-loathing.

i don't pedestalize people the way i used to, but i still let them get to me a bit too much at times. i find that if i tune in to how i feel around a given person, i am better able to decide if that person is worth being around. sounds so simple. and it's not as if THEY are in control of how i feel, but it is worth noting what comes up when i'm in certain company. sometimes there's something to be learned from what comes up -usually it's around the self-esteem issue- but there's no need to STAY around people who bring me down. thus, my recent break-up. interestingly, this guy, jeff, and i are still friends, and now that i've broken off the notion of a romantic relationship, i actually enjoy him much more. the level of detachment is much healthier than the hoping that things will improve. in short, my god is it nice to be past the need to force things into being! they either flow or they don't, and much of that is in my hands to decide. i'm not at the mercy of men anymore. phew. the right one will feel right. i'll wait for that. meanwhile, i'm becoming a better, stronger, more self-loving person, and therefore more able to attract my ideal mate.
      i'm glad you're staying so strong and not drinking. i had a moment yesterday when i thought how nice it would be to escape into that warm soothing artificial joy that i got from guzzling a pint of vodka. but i drove by the liquor store instead, knowing i just needed something to eat. as i kept driving, you came into mind. i told myself that i, too, will be strong. and i was. and i am.
      keep posting. it's great to share your journey.
      rudy

Comment

I just caught up with this thread- Breaking- do you think you will go to his place for dinner?
        Just curious as to your response-
        I originally thought his first response was not signaling that you're unattractive-but that maybe he's afraid to date and just wants to be casual- he might have had a bad experience prior to going out with you and is just being casual and careful-so he doesn't get hurt... just what I thought when I read it-This is very positive that he has asked you to dinner- it must at least make you feel better about yourself...?
        It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

RudyB;1037121 wrote: btc,
          yes, i am definitely loving myself more each day. i've had six morniings without hangovers. six evenings with my son, memory intact. i can live life without vodka or beer, and be so much happier to boot. when i was drinking, i was full of self-loathing.

i don't pedestalize people the way i used to, but i still let them get to me a bit too much at times. i find that if i tune in to how i feel around a given person, i am better able to decide if that person is worth being around. sounds so simple. and it's not as if THEY are in control of how i feel, but it is worth noting what comes up when i'm in certain company. sometimes there's something to be learned from what comes up -usually it's around the self-esteem issue- but there's no need to STAY around people who bring me down. thus, my recent break-up. interestingly, this guy, jeff, and i are still friends, and now that i've broken off the notion of a romantic relationship, i actually enjoy him much more. the level of detachment is much healthier than the hoping that things will improve. in short, my god is it nice to be past the need to force things into being! they either flow or they don't, and much of that is in my hands to decide. i'm not at the mercy of men anymore. phew. the right one will feel right. i'll wait for that. meanwhile, i'm becoming a better, stronger, more self-loving person, and therefore more able to attract my ideal mate.
          i'm glad you're staying so strong and not drinking. i had a moment yesterday when i thought how nice it would be to escape into that warm soothing artificial joy that i got from guzzling a pint of vodka. but i drove by the liquor store instead, knowing i just needed something to eat. as i kept driving, you came into mind. i told myself that i, too, will be strong. and i was. and i am
          keep posting. it's great to share your journey.
          rudy
          Awwwww:l:l
          Sober since 2nd November 2010!

"Life is a mirror of your thoughts and beliefs. It simply reflects YOUR truth, your reality."sigpic

Comment

fluff;1037129 wrote: I just caught up with this thread- Breaking- do you think you will go to his place for dinner?
            Just curious as to your response-
            I originally thought his first response was not signaling that you're unattractive-but that maybe he's afraid to date and just wants to be casual- he might have had a bad experience prior to going out with you and is just being casual and careful-so he doesn't get hurt... just what I thought when I read it-This is very positive that he has asked you to dinner- it must at least make you feel better about yourself...?
            Noooooo. I think he now just wants to shag me with no strings attached

Getting used for casual sex and having my heart broken would undoubtedly drive me straight back to the booze
            Sober since 2nd November 2010!

"Life is a mirror of your thoughts and beliefs. It simply reflects YOUR truth, your reality."sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, I kinda wondered that, too- smart you are to see through that invite-
              He should've just kept the coffee meet-up.
              Keep up your positive attitude and don't let anyone be an excuse to drink- you are more important than that!
              It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

breaking_the_cycle;1037341 wrote: Noooooo. I think he now just wants to shag me with no strings attached

Getting used for casual sex and having my heart broken would undoubtedly drive me straight back to the booze
                :goodjob::l

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                X