bailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bailing

I dont belong in this community and will no longer post. I think certain people feel I'm too intense or something (even though some of them don't read a post through it's natural evolution). I understand that it takes more effort to start at the beginning when there's a lot of posts and I don't blame anybody for that particularly but it helps to set context.

I hope you all get yourselves sorted out as I hope I get myself sorted out. Taking somebody's vulnerable post and making it flippant in any regard is pretty awful to me and obviously not to some. There again, maybe cry-out-for-help-posts don't mean that much to anybody here.

Best wishes,

med+c

bailing

Don't bail, Medic. I've enjoyed your posts and certainly think you belong here, just as we all belong. I sense you're feeling attacked right now and it's the easy path to bail. However, this site has so many positive aspects and I think you've come a long way utilising the help and support you've received. I'd hate to see you go, particularly on an emotional response. I know you were only trying to help, but sometimes women get other women more easily. It's not that your opinion wasn't valid. Everyone has a valid point to make when it's coming from a good place and not mean spirited, which yours wasn't.
    Please reconsider.
    :h Mish :h
    sigpic
    Never give up...
    GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
    Remaining a perpetual possibility
    Only in a world of speculation.
    What might have been and what has been
    Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

bailing

I also hope you don't leave medic. I feel like leaving too sometimes after certain comments, usually because something has hit a nerve. I'm really sensitive and have posted when feeling desperate at times. I haven't always felt the responses to be as sensitive as I needed at the time. This is a struggle. Honestly though I'm not sure where I'd go to get the help I need at this time except here. I'm starting to just try and let some comments roll off my back. It's helping in this forum and in real life. I hope you don't go. But I'm also learning that everyone's path is different and if this place isn't working right now for you then taking a breather is a good idea. In saying that, I hope you come back soon and let us know how your doing. Best wishes for you.

Comment

bailing

Don't go

Hey Medic

I just saw a post I think you wrote only yesterday or a few days ago. You said "this place has been a god send for me, the forums are the only place I can be completely honest".

Please reconsider. You belong here as much as everyone else does. I saw the other thread that I think prompted your decision to leave. I thought you came across as very thoughtful and caring. I thought the others you got in a tangle with were just being light hearted and that's fine too. Sometimes all this AL stuff is so HEAVY. Not taking sides, just can see where you are all coming from.

There are hundreds of people on this site (maybe thousands). Please don't let a little disagreement with a couple of people put you off.
        We need your input.
        Best wishes whatever you decide to do.
        Bean

Comment

bailing

Medic I have always enjoyed reading your post as have many others. I don't know what happened or what thread someone upset you on but I really wish you'd put it aside and stay. The most important reason to be here is because we want to be sober and that's why I'm here. I have been upset many times by people's post but have learnt to put on my BGP (big girls pants) and keep going. We are never going to make it through life plain sailing but it's how we steer the boat that counts.
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

bailing

medic...I agree with everyone....
            we have had disagreements in the past, but we all really care and will support you
            stay with us...it's worth it and I have really enjoyed your posts
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

bailing

Medic,

Everyone belongs here as this place is not owned by any one person or group. You're opinions and comments are just as valuable as any others. With that said, find the path that takes you where you need to be.
              2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

bailing

Stick around Medic and don't take things too personally. We all have a right to be here, and i think we all belong. Battling the booze is an emotional rollercoaster so it stand's to reason that folk's will sometimes get upset.

Best wishes on your journey. G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

bailing

Hunni, stay. *hugs* I'm not sure why you feel like you don't belone or what's been said and done but don't try not to take anything personally. We are all different, have different views, different attitudes ect ect and sometimes people clash but no harm is ever meant when it happen.
                  Wouldn't life be boring if we were all the same and all thought the same...

Comment

bailing

If everyone who disagreed, took things personally, got upset, had a different opinion on this site, decided to leave, there would be nobody left.

Sometimes, being lighthearted on a thread can help, it's not all doom and gloom and if someone has the ability to make someone smile through the tears, that can only be a good thing...

Being flippant is a completely different matter.
                    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

bailing

Medic, I really hope you'll stay. Your posts are intelligent and insightful. I would so miss reading them. And, I think it would be better for you to have a place to talk to others who understand addiction. I could never have gotten to the good place I'm at without this site.

Hugs,
                      KG:h

Comment

bailing

Medic I hope you change your mind and decide to stay, I have always found your posts very thoughtful and helpful.

Dewdrop :h
                        Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

bailing

Hi Medic,

I have really enjoyed your advice and support on the site. Please don't take comments too seriously. We are a very diverse group of people from all around the world here, so please keep that in mind and maybe adjust your expectations somewhat based on that? Anyway, I hope you'll reconsider and use this site as the tool to your sobriety that it's meant to be.

Comment

bailing

I too think your posts are a valuable contribution-those that I've read anyways. You sound like a very reasonable person and will take into consideration all that is said and not find it necessary to leave. This forum is for everyone seeking help with alcohol use, abuse, dependence.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

bailing

Don't go Medic, although I do understand as I have posted something similar in the past. At least lurk, and post when you feel you can.

I always enjoyed reading what you had to say. Feel free to PM me if you need to, but I am about as much use as a chocolate fireguard lol

Stick around and let's see where the New year takes us, eh?

Comment

Working...
                              X