Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread -6th Jan

Been there Nailz...
    The first time I managed 7 days I really just concentrated on ONE day (very cliche, I know)... I told myself "I won't drink today. If I really want to I can drink tomorrow." And so on. Deprivation thinking is probably the single biggest stumbling block.

Oney.. her name was Velvet. I only named her this week. Her colouring was exactly like my son's bunny Velvet. I believe they call it tortoise. As tiny and weak as she was, when I picked her up she started purring. RIP little Velvet.
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

RIP Little one..Awwhh thats so sad Eggy....
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

Thank you girls :l

Well, I better get me mind on work; be good little boyz 'n gurlz

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

sunshine_gg;1036451 wrote: Back
          :upset: I'z very sad. I've been fighting off the urge to take home this one little kitten from the barn.. she was just SO much smaller and skinnier than all the rest. I promised Mr. Wonderful no more animals... so every day I pretty much had her in my pocket but put her back down. Today I found her dead :upset:

Hi Nailz - you're in excellent hands here with these gals 'n guys
          So sorry about the kitten! But its true if we tried to bring home a little animal everytime we were sad for them--well, we'd have A LOT of animals! It is a good message for people to neuter/spay their pets. I'm sorry honey:l. Pops! Congrats on the upcoming wedding! Anon-Happy Birthday! And welcome Nailz. And hello everybody!! I just got home from work and just had a really quick read back. The daughter is already glaring at me so she can get at the computer. Grrr. And I'm starving-I skipped lunch. I know we're having smoked salmon (Irish) and blinis-don't know what else yet. But for dessert it will be a "galette des rois-frangipane au beurre" (or king cake)-it is a tradition here starting on the Ephiphany and they are in all of the bakeries as of today. So yummy. And millions of calories in every slice. Aren't we starting the healthy thing on the 10th?

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

On the 10th and NOT before!!!
            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

Hello Expat!

I understood salmon.. the rest is.... And what's that about an epiphany??? Do educate me, please!

Yes, you're right about not being able to pick up every poor little creature. Though, I REALLY wish I had brought her home. I needed to move her out of the way of my mare yesterday and tried to gently nudge her with my foot... she rolled over. So I ended up picking her up.. kitten in one hand, horse in the other. Basically, the spaying is WHY I didn't bring her home... I don't have yet another $300 to get her spayed. All our animals are fixed (well, except the mare). Most people just think of food in terms of expenses... but there's a lot more to animal ownership than that.

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

one2many;1036481 wrote: On the 10th and NOT before!!!
                Now they tell me. I'm all outta chocolate! :upset: Gosh, I'm just having a really rotten day, huh?

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

Eggy - so sad about the baby kitty. I know how you feel. In my neighborhood we have tons of feral cats and come spring it is crazy with kittens. We have alot of people who rescue them. I rescued two that we still have and one little kitten that was stuck in the vacant house next door. My neighbor and fished her out through a broken window and got her adopted. I can't tell you how many I have NOT rescued and feel bad, but you can only do so much. In our hood, many people treat their animals as expendable. Leave them out in the cold, leave them when they MOVE, etc. Horrors. Anyway, I hope this does not weigh on you too much. You are a wonderful kind person.

Today I ended up having to work from home - Just got home from the dentist with my eldest (16) – she had to have two teeth pulled so she ended up not being able to go back to school and is feeling pretty rotten and woozy. I thought it would be a checkup then another appointment, but they did it all at once. She will also need a full set of braces….AGAIN. The last dentist apparently took them off about 2 years too early. And in her Junior year in high school! I am so angry I could spit! Thank God the dentist we now go to is wonderful, high tech and clean. Voted one of the best in the City. Also the Orthodontist that they referred us to is top notch too. I just feel so bad for my B. She is so beautiful and happy and is pretty upset about having these on, but she said she wanted to get it over with before going to college - where the boys actually count...lol! She is such an amazing your woman. And gutsy. Very proud of her. Anyway, back to work. Smoochies to you all.
                  February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

Hi all crap broadband were i am, cant read back hope all is well. Never quit quiting

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

P.S. The family party in the mountains got cancelled due to impending snow so I will have a clean, decoration-free home by Sunday! Hooray!
                      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

rip little kitty puss. i too am a big softy for little furries.
                        im not such a softy for big furries..... mr spuds has flu type stuff going on. im trying to be nice nursey but at arms length.... i dont wanna get laid up next. (oh im so full of love and sympathy)
                        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

Hello troopers.

Sunnybutt - sorry about your kitten. I had one die on me a few years ago and I was very upset. I love kittens but unfortunately with the dogger, I can't have a cat as well. Mr. Stirly would not be happy about two furry creatures that shed...

Spuds - hope Mr. Spuddleduck is feeling better soon.

Anyone :sofa: eeky: ???
                          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

You looking for me Stirls,

It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

JackieClaire;1036547 wrote: You looking for me Stirls,

:H:H:HIf yer the one peeking out from behind the sofa, then yer the one...
                              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

It takes about 3 strong men to move our sofa, so if I was hiding behind there I'd still be there in March. I nearly pooped when they delivered it cos we had to take the living room door off and it was still a squeeze, me heart was in me mouth.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X