Army thread -6th Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread -6th Jan

Well you know what they say (whoever they are)

Starve a fever, feed a cold.

Now I must away and feed Mr JC. Will back laters.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

clthorson75;1036614 wrote: Black Bess is having the time of his life from the looks of things in the snow...ohhh this cold is killing me but the pic are making my day.
      Um, err, Black Bess is a lassie. Although from the size of her, she'd make two of my Freddie...:H:H

Glad you're feeling better. It's that old saying - "Feed a cold and starve a fever"

Our Grannies knew something about home remedies.

Where the heck are the rest of the Troopers? I'm about to head off to bed innabit... Speaking of which - Mario language, that is - I miss his big eyebrows and his mustache. And the "How Doing You?". Mario, where are you??
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

Hi Army,

How you all doing, I haven't had time to read back yet but take it there is a wedding in the offing and a birthday today. I'm just loving this extra week off work, wont want to go back at this rate. Hi to all the newbies :welcome: on board it's getting quite busy these days around the threads.
        Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

Evening Army

I take it we all had a pretty decent Thursday? I can't believe how cold it is outside. I don't want to have to go out the back to smoke so I will just hang outside my bathroom window...

Tomorrow is Friday and trigger day for me. I have a plan though and its going to work. Also, my best friend has just split up with the guy she was seeing and I know she needs me so its a massive motivation for me not to drink. I feel terribly sorry for her - she seems to get to the 12 week point and then its all over. She is a lovely woman as well so kind, funny, beautiful and just a warm person.

On another note - I found out today that my friend's 80 year old gran is getting remarried - see there is hope for all the singletons yet.

Wishing you all a fabulous finish to your Thursday.

l x
          'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

Quick check in before bed and my book, feeling worn out theses days.
            Yah hoo go Cassia's friends gran, what a legend.
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

Ate way too much dinner (and cake). Going to bed and let the calories do their thing :H. We did say the TENTH, right?!

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

Hideeehooooo!

Cassia, my friend's granny got married last summer too - in her early 80s, the blushing bride :H I think it's way cool. Not to mention that 'til death do us part' isn't THAT much of a commitment anymore :H Ok, that was mean.

JC and Stirly - your pooches are positively huggable. :h
                I was actually thinking of taking a pic of mine this morning (hard though, when the camera is at home) - out on a walk, he was half buried in snow, a big tuff sitting right on his nose... such a turd.

Oh..oh.. expat.. what's that about the epiphany!? What does that mean?
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

Okay guys I'm off for an early one too, what you reading KTAB? i'm on The King of Lies by John Hart which is shaping up just as good as his other two.

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

:hallo: sunni sorry to hear about the kitten :upset:

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

Night night Dew! Thank you... yeah, I just realized today.. the old me would have happily taken the demise of the kitten as a reason to drink. But not so anymore.

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

Great to see the army is doing well! Sorry about the kitten sunshine..I am a softy for pets.
                        AF 11/22/2010

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

Thanks Thors I do, too. If I didn't have someone to put the brakes on, I'd have a hundred of them. There are just so many abandoned and neglected critters out there.

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

sunshine_gg;1036673 wrote: Thanks Thors I do, too. If I didn't have someone to put the brakes on, I'd have a hundred of them. There are just so many abandoned and neglected critters out there.
                            I think as people with addictive personalities we tend to want to help others..animals..etc...it's just how we are wired. Alcohol is the perfect cure for our need to make the world perfect. Which as i'm getting older I realize will never be perfect. Threw my days of sober living I realize that life will never be perfect and that I have to balance things out and just do the best I can.
                            AF 11/22/2010

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

clthorson75;1036676 wrote: Alcohol is the perfect cure for our need to make the world perfect. Which as i'm getting older I realize will never be perfect. Threw my days of sober living I realize that life will never be perfect and that I have to balance things out and just do the best I can.
                              Thor I think this is a great observation, now through sober eyes i actually think the world is already perfect, it's our distorted view of it that makes it flawed.
                              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

Army thread -6th Jan

Chillgirl;1036703 wrote: Thor I think this is a great observation, now through sober eyes i actually think the world is already perfect, it's our distorted view of it that makes it flawed.
                                Great Point...I just know will be perfect. It's my way of seeing the world. Sober the world can be not perfect. I accept the world the way it is meant on not my terms. But on something larger than me. I accept a imperfect me..and a imperfect world..so I can a person who finds peace in it's imperfection...it that makes sense at all..lol.
                                AF 11/22/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X