Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scared sober?

wow!
    i scared myself pretty badly when my four year old son asked me one morning, "Mommy, why did you keep falling down on me yesterday when i was riding my bike?" i didn't even remember doing it until he mentioned it, and then only very vaguely. but that did explain the bruises. not just on me, but also on him. OH MY GODDESS! i thought that would do it, scare me straight, but it didn't. a few days later i bought another pint. i didn't drink as much since that episode, but i was still getting drunk.

greeneyes and chillgirl, i agree. sobriety is a better motivator than fear. those moments of horror might shake you up, get you thinking, but, for me, the drinking didn't stop until i was good and ready to embrace sobriety for its own sake.

give thanks that i have begun the journey. all day today, at home in a snowstorm with my beautiful child, i look at him and stroke his hair and periodically take it in that i did tempt fate into taking him from me more than once due to bad alcoholic choices. what if someone had driven by and noticed? or driven over him as i toppled him into the street? or what if he fell into the stream along the road? the ditches are pretty deep... anyway, you get the picture. and that was just ONE of several horror shows i created in the name of that ever-quieting addictive voice.

phew.
    rudy

Comment

scared sober?

Hi rudy!
      Welcome to MWO, glad you are here

looking for peace - I purchased to Original Set of 4 CDs from the Health store here on the website. I just checked the price, they're $118 but totally worth the price & more. Spending $118 on wine was nothing for me 2 years ago. The investment in the CDs is priceless. You should follow the guidelines that come along with them as closely as you can. I continued to use them for many months because I liked the relaxation they induce. But you definately notice the results in a month or less.

Think about getting them, afterall they really can'y hurt anything, right?
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
      X