A sad but very true story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When i started this journey nearly 2 years ago i met a lot of people,One of them was john (not real name)At that time john was 1 year alcohol free,He still went to all the support groups around the city because as he said he had nothing else to do,John had a lot of personal issues but he never went in to them mostly he just listened,I got to know john as well as one could and me and him often could relate to our past lives,I left that group and continued on my journey and presumed john was doing the same,i bumped into him once or twice and he seemed just the usual john. Last october john was 3 years alcohol free and i presumed he was a happy camper,obviously he wasn't as soon after october he went back drinking,We all tried to help as best one can, getting him back to meetings ,giving him support etc. but to no avail, John had made the choice that he wanted to keep on drinking so that is what he did, last sunday john was found dead in a local public park,
    may he rest in peace.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend Mario. Alcohol is an evil bastard.
    February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Mario my whole body went cold reading your post. I hope I will never take my sobriety for granted, its the most precious thing in my life. There but for the grace of God.......
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

That has really made me cry...Poor John, May he Rest In Peace...
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

How utterly,utterly tragic.

Rest in Peace.,John.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

So sorry Mario. We must never take anything for granted!

Comment

Mario this is such a tragic tale and such a sad loss. It's also a stark warning to many of the dangers of not taking this addiction seriously.

Dewdrop :h
              Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

I'm so sorry Mario. I have chills reading your post. Thank you for sharing your story about John. May he rest in peace.

Comment

Very sorry for your loss Mario. Alcohol does manifest some tragic endings. My uncle by marriage, lost his home, family, job and ended up being beaten to death on a cold winters night by a gang of punks. Not a nice legacy to leave my 4 cousins.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Mario, that is just so sad. What could have happened that would have made him go back on the bottle and to such an extent. Poor man. What an awful way to die.
                    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Thanks Mario, for sharing that and bringing back the reality that this is a deadly disease.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Mairo. we all sit up and notice when we hear a story like that
                        AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Hi Mario

I am so sorry for your loss - I hope you are doing ok. I will keep John in my prayers.

l x
                          'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Mario- Really sad news, that- especially after being clean for a few years...
                            My condolences to you and to his family.
                            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Ah thats really awful Mario. I think there but for the grace of God, any of us with this affliction are only two steps away from the gutter.
                              RIP 'John'
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                              X