A sad but very true story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mario, I am saddened to hear of the loss of your friend, John. This is yet another tragic reminder of the horrible consequences of alcohol and how we all need to stay on our guard as to what can happen after that first drink is taken, no matter how long we have been sober. RIP, John.
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

My condolences to you Mario. This is a lesson indeed that no matter how long you have been sober, if you go back to the bottle, you basically end up exactly where you left off very, very soon.
      R.I.P John
      Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Sorry to hear this Mario. RIP John!
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Sorry for your loss, Mario! xoxo

Comment

That is so sad. Did he die from alcohol poisoning?

mario;1036505 wrote: When i started this journey nearly 2 years ago i met a lot of people,One of them was john (not real name)At that time john was 1 year alcohol free,He still went to all the support groups around the city because as he said he had nothing else to do,John had a lot of personal issues but he never went in to them mostly he just listened,I got to know john as well as one could and me and him often could relate to our past lives,I left that group and continued on my journey and presumed john was doing the same,i bumped into him once or twice and he seemed just the usual john. Last october john was 3 years alcohol free and i presumed he was a happy camper,obviously he wasn't as soon after october he went back drinking,We all tried to help as best one can, getting him back to meetings ,giving him support etc. but to no avail, John had made the choice that he wanted to keep on drinking so that is what he did, last sunday john was found dead in a local public park,
            may he rest in peace.
            Sober since 2nd November 2010!

"Life is a mirror of your thoughts and beliefs. It simply reflects YOUR truth, your reality."sigpic

Comment

It's always such a tragedy to hear when a human being lives a life of such despair only to have that kind of end. Even after sobering up for years. There are so many others out there as well. Prayers for his family.
              2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

It's really sad that John couldn't find life AF wonderful enough to stay on the path. It's a warning that we really need to seize the beauty of life and use our sobriety to build a solid and joyful future. If we don't, we, like John, could end up being drawn back into drinking.
                I'm really sad for your loss and thanks for putting up this post.
                :h Mish :h
                sigpic
                Never give up...
                GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                Remaining a perpetual possibility
                Only in a world of speculation.
                What might have been and what has been
                Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Mario
                  I am so sorry. This is just so tragic. It could have been one of us.
                  Hugs
                  Mama
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Very sad indeed. I'm so sorry for your loss and for John's family.:h
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Just saw this now.... I'm very sorry Mario. RIP John. And thank you for sharing this stark reminder, Mario.

And RC... an equally sad story about your uncle. So sorry, hun.
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Mario - what a tragic sad story. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. Hopefully his spirit is at peace now.

Thinking of you...
                        John
                        AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Oh Mario, this is such a tragic and sad story. A harsh reminder to us all. It really is ODAT for the rest of our lives. We can never forget the dangers of alcohol abuse ---ever. But that is a good thing. I'm just so sorry that your friend got lost somewhere on his journey. My prayers are with him and his family-and you too honey. And for myself. We must all stay vigilant-never let our guard down but continue to enjoy the sober life. There are so many beautiful and positive things out there-amongst the tough times-if we can just hold on.:l

Comment

Sorry to hear this Mario.

R.I.P. John.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I am so very sorry to hear about John, such a tragic loss of life.
                              AF since 23/11/2010

Comment

Working...
                              X