YIKES IT'S FRIDAY!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YIKES IT'S FRIDAY!!

Since New Years Eve; one week ago tonight, I have abstained like many of us. It's a personal record for me as I hadn't been able to abstain for more than 3 or 4 days in a row before. Tonight we will surely go out for supper. Probably Sushi. I have to be strong. I feel so empowered right now having given it up for seven days. This finally proves to myself that I can do whatever I set out to do. You know the feeling. This post is just a cry in the dark for the strength to be abstinent this weekend. I want to finally do this. Just for a month. That's my goal with moderation afterwords and we all know that may end up causing me problems but I need to try. Any of you in the same position? Let's keep posting this weekend. I find it really helps. I love looking at the drinktracker after I have entered my big fat zero. The scale is inching downwards already. Maybe that little bit of weight I want to lose will just fall right off. How shallow I sound. But in my little life, these things matter.
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

YIKES IT'S FRIDAY!!

I'm in the same boat. My last drink was New Years Eve. Going out to eat is a huge trigger for me, so I'm staying home for meals. Of course, dinner in general is a trigger. I've been drinking ginger ale and ginger kombucha at dinner, because it's a little champagne like to me. Stay strong ...ask your hubs for some extra encouragement and perhaps treat yourself after dinner with a small purchase or movie. You're doing great!

Comment

YIKES IT'S FRIDAY!!

Tipple - fridays are more challenging but none more than last Friday and you managed that. Im so glad you have feeling empowered, really lock in that feeling. Sushi is my favorite food and actually I think its one of the easiest meals to have out without drinking. Most Japanese restaurants will offer green tea which is totally normal to have with sushi.
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

YIKES IT'S FRIDAY!!

x post Fennel - Glad to see you are going strong, how good will it be to wake up tomorrow feeling good!!!!
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

YIKES IT'S FRIDAY!!

Chillgirl;1037040 wrote: x post Fennel - Glad to see you are going strong, how good will it be to wake up tomorrow feeling good!!!!
          You're so right ...I'm not minding my clear-headed, non-dehydrated mornings one bit!

Comment

YIKES IT'S FRIDAY!!

This will be my third sober weekend! I will warn you the boards are quite on the weekend, last weekend was an exception. I will be on though and you can read through old threads of pass struggles. I would say good luck but no need, u can do it no luck needed!
            You always succeed if you never stop trying.
            Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

YIKES IT'S FRIDAY!!

yeah i gave up last week too ........ sleep pattern staring to establish itself now so that's an additional blessing :bedtime: ......... come on Tip it's only another day!!!!! PM :whee:
              I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round .... really love to watch them roll .... no longer riding on the merry-go-round ...... I just had to let it go

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Comment

YIKES IT'S FRIDAY!!

Hi Tipplerette,

Changing our behaviour means reinforcing new and better routines. Just think of this as one of the first of manner alcohol free (or significantly alcohol reduced if you are going to moderate after 30 days) weekends to come. And enjoy having your Saturday mornings back. After you get past the waiter asking if you want anything to drink the heat will be off and you can relax. Good luck.
                2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

YIKES IT'S FRIDAY!!

Jenny - Congrats of your 3rd sober weekend! Thats awesome.

For me Friday's were a real problem for quite some time as I was so used to going for a drink on the way home from work and it felt like what Fridays were for. However I always went way over the top and binged unbelievably guaranteeing that Saturdays were a wipe out until I managed around 6pm to have a hair of the dog and start over again. God I sure dont miss these weekends!
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

YIKES IT'S FRIDAY!!

Congrats to you, Jenny & PM! Third sober weekend is fantastic! PM,my sleep is still pretty crazy ...I picked up some melatonin yesterday.

Comment

YIKES IT'S FRIDAY!!

Looks like alot of us are in the same boat. It's true that sushi goes well with green tea and when I am on the wagon that's what I have. At our favourite sushi restaurant every time we order red wine as we usually drink, I have a nagging thought that it just doesn't go with sushi...

Thanks for the support. Onwards and Upwards.
                      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                      ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

YIKES IT'S FRIDAY!!

Just wanted to wish you luck Tipplerette. Be strong - you've done amazingly well to beat your own record - don't give up on that now.
                        K x
                        Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Working...
                        X