Sunshine and Rainbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunshine and Rainbows

Is not what I'm having today. I was doing so well, but drank wine the past two days. First day it was 2 glasses. Last night 4 glasses. Very disappointed in myself...but I'm climbing back on the AF train.

Sorry to all I was trying to be AF with....I feel like I have failed. Hang in there....it wasn't worth it! Remain AF and keep that "good feeling" alive!

Everything I need is within me!

Sunshine and Rainbows

Hi brightlite..

You haven't failed in being AF - you have just had a little hiccup. If we did everything right the first time then pencils wouldn't have erasers and the world would be a pretty boring place.

In my humble opinion, it may benefit you to address why you decided to drink when you were so focused on being AF instead of the fact that you had those drinks. This should help you stay AF in the long run.

Peace, love and strength.
    Lynne
    'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Sunshine and Rainbows

When I quit smoking it took me so many tries, years worth of tries until finally I got it right. I believe it was all the leasons I learned during my failures that finally saw me through to my sucess. So good for you for jumping right back on the AF bus. Keep at it and it will happen!
      Change your thoughts, and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

Comment

Sunshine and Rainbows

you haven't failed... You only fail when you give up trying. Like cassia said, it's just a hiccup. Most of have it. look at it is as a learning curve and grow from this. You need to remember when you feel weak, that it wasn't worth it, hold on to the feeling you feel right now and hopefully it'll help you.

Comment

Sunshine and Rainbows

Never forget the words of Thomas Edison on the no. of attempts at inventing the light bulb.......
          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

Sunshine and Rainbows

My heart goes out to you but you're doing the right things getting back on the AF train.

Last August I'd been AF for over four months of sobriety when I drank. Having an either/or sort of mind I figured that I'd blown sobriety but good so I might as well go overboard. I drank for the next three months, gained a bunch of weight, spent a bunch of money, told a bunch of lies and established a whole lot of very bad habits that were very hard to break when the time came.

You're doing the right thing by picking up where you left off and giving sobriety another try.
            Alcohol Free since 11/29/10!

Comment

Sunshine and Rainbows

Britelite, "never give up, get up", is my motto and that's exactly what you've done. If I hadn't kept getting up, I wouldn't be the person I am today and that would be sad. I had huge numbers of slipups before I got it right (not suggesting you use that as an excuse to keep doing it though), but I had sobriety as my goal and I didn't let anything get in my way.
              Ask yourself some questions. What happened that caused me to drink? Did my drinking make things better or worse or were they just the same anyway? What could I have done differently? What do I plan to do differently next time drinking thoughts come up?
              If you use this occassion as a learning exercise and can put better strategies in place for next time you feel like drinking, then it won't be wasted.
              Hang in there, Hon.
              :h Mish :h
              sigpic
              Never give up...
              GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
              Remaining a perpetual possibility
              Only in a world of speculation.
              What might have been and what has been
              Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Sunshine and Rainbows

Brite, I think many of us have fallen off and had to start again. The key is to keep starting again until it works. You can jump right back on the bike.

Comment

Sunshine and Rainbows

I love that.....then pencils would not have erasers...
                  Keep fighting Britelight
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                  X