• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boot Camp Reopened Week 1

No. I'm scared of people.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1045466 wrote: I've just been reading Paleo 101 to try and understand what you're all talking about and have decided that I've always been a Paleolite without even realising it. ***sob ***

I didn't know there was a club. I will never again hide the fact that I use full fat butter, cream, cheese etc. AND I really like rare steak, liver and marrow. AND I only eat when I'm hungry. AND I go to bed when it gets dark and wake up without an alarm clock.

I'm fashionable!

Cool.
      Ooooh, spoken just like Jennifer and Clarissa ... 'cept you forgot the lard m'dear!!! :H

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1045309 wrote: Morning /Evening Boot campers.
        I have to say, placebo effect or not, those probiotics seem to be doing the trick. It would be going too far to say that Jones is jumping out of her skin (that has certainly been a long time back), but progress is being made.

So tell me, who amongst us is Paleo dieting ?
        Have you seen Ricky Ponting advertising probiotics?

Comment

Rags;1046066 wrote: Have you seen Ricky Ponting advertising probiotics?

No I haven't, although I can't imagine why.

I mean, when one thinks of pro biotics and similar, Ricky Ponting is the first
          person who comes to mind, is he not ?
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1046096 wrote: No I haven't, although I can't imagine why.

And when one thinks of Ricky Ponting, Pro-biotics is the first thing that comes to mind too, isn't it?
            Seems like Tawny I've been living the Paleo life also.
            Private Mish reporting in, Sarge, and greetings to all the troops.
            I've finished the "Sobriety Wall" as it is to be named (Opening Ceremony to be announced, all welcome to attend), and the vegies are in! (Lots of beetroot, Sarge). Also, Perpetual English Spinach, Capsicum, various varieties of Tomato, Squash and Passionfruit. Rockmelons still in their punnet.
            Also, am constructing a retractable outdoor blind to protect my weiro from any predatory 'bad birds' in the neighbourhood. There was a "Butcher Bird" around the other week. Nasty creatures, Sarge. Snip the heads off their prey.
            Oh, and I have a new grandson. My daughter popped him out on 17th January. Name: Evan James, Evan being my ex-husband's middle name. I haven't seen him yet as they live a few hours away and want to get settled back in at home before any of us city slickers head on down.
            Glad to hear all the troops are doing well. Oh, and of course you deserve a break, Sarge. It must be exhausting keeping us in line. And I'm a rare to blue steak eater, the better the cut, the bluer the meat.
            Diet and exercise excellent, Sir, and a happy day to you all.
            :h Mish :h
            sigpic
            Never give up...
            GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
            Remaining a perpetual possibility
            Only in a world of speculation.
            What might have been and what has been
            Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1046096 wrote: No I haven't, although I can't imagine why.

:H :H :H

Comment

Dammit Sergeant Sir!!

I been eatin' my grits 'n' greens, and eatin' my fish and takin' my vitamin tabs, and going to the girly Curves gym and diving in the deep blue sea Sir, and I haven't lost an ounce all week SIR!
                I am truly of a disheartened spirit Sarge as I want to be as fit as I can be for my overseas mission Sir.

My knees keep giving out too Sarge as they are as old as I am, Dammit.
                It will be green and blue runs only for Pte. Rags I'm afraid Sargeant Sir.

Dammit Sergeant SIR!
                Did you see that cowering missive I just writ! No Sir! That just ain't the fighting spirit! Sir.
                I ain't going to curl up and give in. That just ain't the way!!

I shall up the ante Sir.
                And I do not mean a suppository when I say that Sergeant Sir.
                I shall fit in more exercisy exercise. Sir.

Mish,
                If I lived 2,000 km closer, I'd come to your grand opening! I just planted some passionfruit but won't put in anything till after I return fro my overseas mission.
                I don't altogether mind butcher birds. Nicer than Indian miners... now there's a really horrid little creature.

How are you making the retractable blind? I need something to keep birdies away from my vegies too.

Comment

Here ya go, Rags:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrEkpMYqGAE[/video]]YouTube - Greek Woolworths commercial Maria and Stavros

Comment

Rags;1046122 wrote:

Mish,
                    If I lived 2,000 km closer, I'd come to your grand opening! I just planted some passionfruit but won't put in anything till after I return fro my overseas mission.
                    I don't altogether mind butcher birds. Nicer than Indian miners... now there's a really horrid little creature.

How are you making the retractable blind? I need something to keep birdies away from my vegies too.
                    Perhaps I'll have a Virtual Grand Opening of The Sobriety Wall. I'm going to have a plaque engraved, dedicating it to some of the MWO threads. Might mean a bit of explaining to friends not in the know, but I'll just pass it off as 'something private' as my friends are very respectful of that sort of thing and won't try fishing, delving or bullying it out of me.

Not sure if we have Indian Mynas here, but as we're on the Indian Ocean and closer to India than you, I'm sure we do have them. They seem to be a bigger problem on the east coast, though. Can you believe we actually 'introduced' them to keep insects down in Melbourne market gardens? Another cane toad horror story.

As for the retractable blind...I went to Bunnings and discovered "Coolaroo Exterior Retractable Window Shades." Many uses and sizes. I have the 2.4 metre number which recommends having 2 people to install it. I'd sooner do it myself, of course, but sometimes I just have to suck it up and ask for help. The 2.4 metre blind is only $145 which I thought was pretty reasonable. I've had to buy a 3 metre length of RHS as a support which was another $53 from Bunnings, but I already had most of the other tools for the job, so I'm pretty impressed at getting out of it for around two hundred. My other ideas, prior to discovering the blinds, were around the same cost, but nowhere near as convenient. I can whip this one down in a flash and store it during any mega windy times.
                    Their website is coolaroo.com for info on their products.
                    sigpic
                    Never give up...
                    GET UP!!!

Comment

I love that ad.

Now here's the question. Stavros has a U beaut veggie garden and therefore doesn't need to buy his veggies from Woolies. So, how come Woolies is advertising his garden.....

As for the Stavros patented bird scarer, yep, I could run a line from my top deck down to the veggie patch, and attach the line to my hanging chair so it becomes an automated bird scarer.

Comment

Mish;1046128 wrote: Perhaps I'll have a Virtual Grand Opening of The Sobriety Wall. I'm going to have a plaque engraved, dedicating it to some of the MWO threads. Might mean a bit of explaining to friends not in the know, but I'll just pass it off as 'something private' as my friends are very respectful of that sort of thing and won't try fishing, delving or bullying it out of me.

Not sure if we have Indian Mynas here, but as we're on the Indian Ocean and closer to India than you, I'm sure we do have them. They seem to be a bigger problem on the east coast, though. Can you believe we actually 'introduced' them to keep insects down in Melbourne market gardens? Another cane toad horror story.

As for the retractable blind...I went to Bunnings and discovered "Coolaroo Exterior Retractable Window Shades." Many uses and sizes. I have the 2.4 metre number which recommends having 2 people to install it. I'd sooner do it myself, of course, but sometimes I just have to suck it up and ask for help. The 2.4 metre blind is only $145 which I thought was pretty reasonable. I've had to buy a 3 metre length of RHS as a support which was another $53 from Bunnings, but I already had most of the other tools for the job, so I'm pretty impressed at getting out of it for around two hundred. My other ideas, prior to discovering the blinds, were around the same cost, but nowhere near as convenient. I can whip this one down in a flash and store it during any mega windy times.
                        Their website is coolaroo.com for info on their products.
                        That is an interesting way of doing it. Would you post a photo on Undies when it's all installed?
                        And what a lovely idea having an MWO wall. We definitely want piccies of that.

Comment

Roger that. Just have to work out how to post pics from this particular camera onto the site.
                          sigpic
                          Never give up...
                          GET UP!!!

Comment

Mish;1046134 wrote: Roger that. Just have to work out how to post pics from this particular camera onto the site.
                            Go to the TESTBED threads. Third post down is from Strily giving instructions.

Comment

Jeeeeeezzzzzzeeeee I'm away for a week and the Undies have taken over WTF

Okay this is a shout out to all you Brits/USA peeps out there to reclaim this Bootcamp Thread - get your arses in gear, start exercising, healthy eating etc. come on this is shameful, appopleptic, disgraceful. What were your New Year Resolutions ?? you can't have ditched them already you useless bunch of f***ers.

Lets get motivated, Sarge needs your help.

Dewdrop :h
                              Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Geeez, Dewie ... at least we've been keeping the thread alive whilst the Poms, Paddies, Yanks, Jocks, Taffys, Canucks, and the odd Saffas have all been reading their Mills and Boone and filing their nails ....

Sarge? We've been good, haven't we? Sarge? Sarge?

Comment

Working...
                                X