Boot Camp Reopened Week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ringing Cedars;1050680 wrote: Can I come to Tawny's please Sir n Tawny???? I've been in a log sawing and nailing contest but never a log pulling contest????

That would be up to the hostess. Me, I'll be watching from a safe distance hovering overhead in Snoopy II. There's reptiles down there. You ever she her wrestle one of them Shacklebacks. Scared me straight. Why her place is like a cotton pickin mini Jurassic Park! She doesn't cotton to strangers either. Why hell, little Tigger's still on a valium drip since his visit! There is only one ingress and egress point according to Google earth. Rags suggests entering from the sea.
    Attached files [img]/converted_files/1492623=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Sorry Sarge, I've ben a bit shameful in my appearance over recent weeks. I know I went AWOL for a week or so, but then when I got dragged back to camp, I was forced into a punishing regime of squats and lunges that left unable to lower myself onto the latrine sir.

Since then I've been on organizing duty and deputizing for Cookie Sir. I can report that the barracks are in tip-top shape, all troops have shoes shined and uniforms pressed for re-entering the fray for 2011, and mess has healthy meals sorted for the next 5 days sir.

Wake-up call at 0530 tomorrow sir. Can I have the rest of the day off :H
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

techie;1050686 wrote: That would be up to the hostess. Me, I'll be watching from a safe distance hovering overhead in Snoopy II. There's reptiles down there. You ever she her wrestle one of them Shacklebacks. Scared me straight. Why her place is like a cotton pickin mini Jurassic Park! She doesn't cotton to strangers either. Why hell, little Tigger's still on a valium drip since his visit! There is only one ingress and egress point according to Google earth. Rags suggests entering from the sea.
        LOFL:H:H:H
        Will ponder it and get back to you! SIR

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Sarge is wary of a few reptiles? Can it be?
          Perhaps, Sir, take out a few of Steve Irwin's dvds from "The Crocodile Hunter" series. You'll see there's nothing to it. Why, we show those shows to pre-schoolers in case they run into any problems on the way to kindy. Arm them with a machete, a length of rope and a piece of fruit, and off they go through the wild to the local preschool a couple of kilometres away.
          What do kids do in New York?

Morning, Sarge, troops. Just reporting in that no sign of a cyclone so far. Moved all my patio plants out of any potential danger, battened everything down and ...nothing. Waiting to confirm cyclone watch has passed before putting everything back the way it was.
          A log pull sounds like a great idea. Count me in if I'm invited.
          :h Mish :h
          sigpic
          Never give up...
          GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
          Remaining a perpetual possibility
          Only in a world of speculation.
          What might have been and what has been
          Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Mish;1050759 wrote: Sarge is wary of a few reptiles? Can it be?
            Mish, you gotta admit ......... Aussie reptiles are a bit scary. We cant expect those northern hemisphere types to take them in their stride.

(not like the gentle NZ types :H)
            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Mish;1050759 wrote: Why, we show those shows to pre-schoolers in case they run into any problems on the way to kindy. Arm them with a machete, a length of rope and a piece of fruit, and off they go through the wild to the local preschool a couple of kilometres away.
              Spot on, Mish. And once they start Primary School, they very quickly learn that "Sir, a croc ate my homework" just doesn't cut it.

Comment

Shingleback as photographed at Frogville. Note the revulsion to the Vegemite she had it fang!!

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Exactly, Tawny...but, you've gotta admit that there's nothing those giant pythons like better than a Maths Assignment. I lost more than one to the serpents.
                  sigpic
                  Never give up...
                  GET UP!!!

Comment

Miss Behaving;1050689 wrote: Sorry Sarge, I've ben a bit shameful in my appearance over recent weeks. I know I went AWOL for a week or so, but then when I got dragged back to camp, I was forced into a punishing regime of squats and lunges that left unable to lower myself onto the latrine sir.

Since then I've been on organizing duty and deputizing for Cookie Sir. I can report that the barracks are in tip-top shape, all troops have shoes shined and uniforms pressed for re-entering the fray for 2011, and mess has healthy meals sorted for the next 5 days sir.

Wake-up call at 0530 tomorrow sir. Can I have the rest of the day off :H

Don't you worry about the dang latrine. Nurse Jones will direct you on various military methods of elimation. Why hell did I ever tell you bout the time the enemy had me locked in walk-in fridge. Well it's dang tough to do yer business staring at holiday hams all day. GET BACK TO THE MISSY STYLE PRESS UPS. The rest of the day is yours. NOW MOVE OUT!!!
                    Attached files [img]/converted_files/1492712=5823-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Perhaps, Sir, take out a few of Steve Irwin's dvds from "The Crocodile Hunter" series. You'll see there's nothing to it. Why, we show those shows to pre-schoolers in case they run into any problems on the way to kindy. Arm them with a machete, a length of rope and a piece of fruit, and off they go through the wild to the local preschool a couple of kilometres away.

Morning, Sarge, troops. Just reporting in that no sign of a cyclone so far. Moved all my patio plants out of any potential danger, battened everything down and ...nothing. Waiting to confirm cyclone watch has passed before putting everything back the way it was.
                      A log pull sounds like a great idea. Count me in if I'm invited.
                      We just have the gentle fun loving rat!

Comment

AWWW, he's cute. So your preschoolers don't carry macheties and rope at all then? How do they learn their BLT skills, Sir?
                        That's Basic Lizard Training, Sarge.
                        sigpic
                        Never give up...
                        GET UP!!!

Comment

Mish;1050792 wrote: AWWW, he's cute. So your preschoolers don't carry macheties and rope at all then? How do they learn their BLT skills, Sir?
                          That's Basic Lizard Training, Sarge.
                          Not applicable here :H

Comment

:H :H :H :H

Comment

Pte. Raggsy reporting Sir!

Gathering together my winter kit for inspection before packing. Sir!

Do I HAVE to wear the camo helmet Sir? It's not very, well, you know, stylish Sir!

Doesn't match my Icebreaker (New Zealand superfine merino) thermal top Sir! ( And I know the names of the sheep that the wool comes from SIR! )

Comment

Shut, Raggsie ...your legs are worse than mine ...

Comment

Working...
                                X