Army Thread Monday 10 January

I'm coming out now

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Everybody left

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

x posted x3

Comment

errrrrrrrrrrrm mario, I just arrived at exactly the same time as you again.People will talk
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi zenstyle & jackie c

Comment

Yoooooooooooo hoooooooooo Zens,

by that were spooky
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:threesome:
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Driving down the motorway today and i see white lights coming towards me, holy crap coming at me in the fast lane was a small car on the wrong side of the motorway,pulled right over and warned as best i could other cars coming behind me,unbelievable..and yes it was a women.

Comment

JackieClaire;1039178 wrote: :threesome:
                    :H

Comment

Hi all,

I don't know about you but I am well chuffed today is over. I just can't seem to get back into it. I had an interesting conversation with one of my friends today...she had a v bad experience with the booze at the weekend. Started and couldn't stop. Fought with her bf who she has just moved in with, spent all day in bed hungover and feeling awful about the way she acted. She said she might be joining me in af land shortly. She said that if she cant have a social drink then she shouldn't drink at all. I told her she needs to do what's best for her but we can do some af things together if that helps. It's weird. I don't think half my mates would have examined their drinking habits if I hadn't been so open about mine. So we will see. She is by no means an alcoholic but she defo abuses it. Sound familiar anyone? Would welcome advice!

L x
                      'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Zen Style;1039188 wrote: I guess Mario is the blue one, eh? lol
                        obvious am i like being in the middle

Comment

Sorry about that, just had a lovely fight with me daughter on the phone over fecking washing machines.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Any Cassia,
                          It's my daughter who has realized that when she has a few too many she either fights with her BF or has a massive panic attack. Obviously living with me through my worst alcoholic years she's very wary of it spiralling out of control. She's now just cut right back to a couple of drinks now and again with no problems at all. I don't know if that helps, C.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

one2many;1039017 wrote: I am only having a quick lurk, I had to turn on the pc to check my Amazon order.... ahem er yeah
                            Right turning it off now...
                            one2many;1039058 wrote: Just having a BROWN BREAD sambo lurk then I am gone again..

one2many;1039062 wrote:
                            You CAN do it......you will be so proud of yourself as the time goes on..there is nothing easy about it but it's all in the head.....YOU are in control xx
                            one2many;1039065 wrote:
                            It really worked for me Greenie....!!
                            You were right Oney-bint - harder to give up the computer than the AL and the smokes combined..:H:H:H

Hi everybody!!

Cassia, good for you on talking to your friend. And on opening up to your friends so that they look closer at their drinking habits. Well done. Not everyone can be so open with the people they're close to. I know it's much easier for me to talk about it here than to my family and friends. Actually I've only ever discussed it with my best friend and with another friend who is an alcoholic as well. Almost two bottles of whiskey a day up until over 2 years ago when he went AF and hasn't had a drop since.

Mario - I've had my driver's licence for 41 years and I've only had a couple of dents put in my car that was my fault. I drive a sports car and admit that I am guilty of driving over the speed limit at times but I always keep a good distance from the car in front of me. I am appalled at the way young women - ages 25 to 35 drive over here. They get these little compact cars and drive over the speed limit with a cell phone in one hand and a cigarette in the other. Or they drive in the express lane at well under the speed limit with their hands likewise occupied - phone and ciggie. I even saw a woman driving down the express road one day going about 100 kilometres an hour while putting on mascara using her car mirror. They never use their signal lights to change lanes and quite often have young children standing up between the two front seats or bouncing around playing in the back seat. God forbid the little ones should be strapped in and quiet while Mommy's driving.
                            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Cassia;1039195 wrote: Hi all,

I don't know about you but I am well chuffed today is over. I just can't seem to get back into it. I had an interesting conversation with one of my friends today...she had a v bad experience with the booze at the weekend. Started and couldn't stop. Fought with her bf who she has just moved in with, spent all day in bed hungover and feeling awful about the way she acted. She said she might be joining me in af land shortly. She said that if she cant have a social drink then she shouldn't drink at all. I told her she needs to do what's best for her but we can do some of things together if that helps. It's weird. I don't think half my mates would have examined their drinking habits if I hadn't been so open about mine. So we will see. She is by no means an alcoholic but she defo abuses it. Sound familiar anyone? Would welcome advice!

L x

Hi cassia
                              Maybe suggest to your friend to lay of it for a while ,maybe try the 30 day alcohol free duration,see how she feels about drinking after that,also you would be surprised with number of friends/relations who react in a more positive way when they see a friend/relation stop drinking,its like a ripple effect, seen it myself.

Comment

Crikey Stirls, you were only 2 when you got your driving licence :wow:
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X