Prayers for Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers for Australia

I've been watching some videos today about the flooding in Australia. My thoughts and prayers are with all the victims and their families. Hoping especially that our friends on the Underoo thread are safe. The flooding is horrendous, especially in Brisbane. "Aspman" and "Charlotte's Web" live in a couple of the areas affected but have posted that they are all right. Undies - please keep us updated about the situation. Praying that everyone is safe.

BBC News - Australia floods: Parts of Brisbane evacuated by police

BBC News - Flash floods hit Toowoomba in Queensland, Australia

BBC News - Cars swept away in Australia floods
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Prayers for Australia

Oh, my! I've been so focused on our weather I haven't seen this. My hopes and prayers are for all those affected. Please, all, take care when Mother Nature decides to assert herself.
    Thank you, SG, for this heads-up. I'll certainly pay more attention.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Prayers for Australia

Indeed - it truly is tragic. Thoughts and prayers are with all Queenslanders.
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Prayers for Australia

I have friends in Brisbane, so worried for them. You can donate here.. Donate to the flood relief appeal : Queensland Government

if you want to offer help. Praying it is not as bad as predicted.

Comment

Prayers for Australia

My sons father lives in Brisbane and last night had evacuated his home. He says that .his home will definitley be affected. I have never seen anything like this in my lifetime and I hope and pray for everyone affected that it doesnt get any worse. Love and strength to everyone Saff
          I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Prayers for Australia

Please God it doesn't get any worse....

It's just tragic.
            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Prayers for Australia

My heart is with you......along with my prayers. Tony
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Prayers for Australia

IAD;1039848 wrote: My heart is with you......along with my prayers. Tony
                Mine too Tony, thanks Stirly for starting this ..............
                sigpicXXX

Comment

Prayers for Australia

Queensland

I am thinking about them all - it sounds horrendous. My sister lives in Maryborough which is about 3 hours by train from Brisbane and they've had some awful flooding - and she says the worst is still to come yet.

Strangely enough I saw a film called 'The Age of Stupid' about 18 months ago which was all about global warming and the effects we would begin to see, extreme weather conditions on the planet. Its frightening to see that it is really starting to happen. I hope this is not the start of many years of bad weather leading to the destruction of our planet.

Comment

Prayers for Australia

I'm praying too! :h

Comment

Prayers for Australia

IMHO we should also be advocating for strong global warming legislation. People who think just because they're having cold weather means that global warming isn't occurring haven't studied the issue. Global warming means weird weather, not just hotter weather... Hotter is occuring in some places, but weird is occuring in LOTS of areas!

Good groups that circulate e-mails for online advocacy include: Center for Biological Diversity, Defenders of Wildlife, National Resources Defense Council. There are others.

KG

Comment

Prayers for Australia

Sending love and prayers to everyone down under :l
                        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

Prayers for Australia

KundaliniGirl;1039915 wrote: IMHO we should also be advocating for strong global warming legislation. People who think just because they're having cold weather means that global warming isn't occurring haven't studied the issue. Global warming means weird weather, not just hotter weather... Hotter is occuring in some places, but weird is occuring in LOTS of areas!
                          Good point KG - the phrase "global warming" should be replaced by "extreme weather events".

PS - this does not include earthquakes!! They are completely un-related to weather
                          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Prayers for Australia

sending my love for all our friends...please may they all be safe xxxxxxx:h:h:h

Comment

Prayers for Australia

Thanks from an Aussie for all your kind thoughts.
                              Fortunately I don't live in Qld. But the worst will come at 4pm Qld time and then 4am tomorrow morning.
                              Have had my tv on all day and every channel has stopped usual transmission to broadcast the flood info.
                              It is proportionately lots worse than the destruction caused by Katrina.

And now there have been a few reports of looting.

A lot of food is getting transported by sea barges as most roads closed.

Comment

Working...
                              X