X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread-Thursday 13 January

Phone,cant get signal wth laptop.thanks everyone again

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

There's point I've got some cheese. pasta, eggs, bacon, cream all the things for a carbonara.

What I really want is the 72 piece party pack of puddings we got from Tesco for Christmas day........they are teeny weeny little bite size things

Have you tried standing on the roof for a better signal, mario
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Cassia;1041001 wrote: Ahh stirly...you haven't lived!! A spinach crepe with cheese is bliss! Spinach is my fave veg! I will need to try this spinach pie you speak of!

X
        My older son makes a spinach dish that is to die for. I'll describe it to you and if you want to try it, you can fiddle around with amounts of each of the ingredients and adjust them to your taste. He sauteed spinach in olive oil and let it cook uncovered until it had lost most of the juice. Then he added a bit of garlic powder to it. It was about a cup cooked. He put that in the middle of a glass baking dish that was about 12 inches long and 6 wide. He had cooked about 2-1/2 cups of broccoli until just tender and he placed the florets around the spinach in the bowl. Chopped a few slices of bacon and sauteed them in a fry pan, then added a can of sliced mushrooms drained and a 250 ml box of cooking cream or whatever they call it. Like you use for making fresh whipped cream but for cooking. Brought that to a boil and then poured it over the spinach and broccoli. Cooked it for about 20 minutes at medium heat - 350F or 180C. Then took it out of the oven and topped it with a couple of handfuls of grated gouda. You have to let it cool a bit before you serve it in order to enjoy the flavours to their fullest. It is, hands-down, my favouritest veggie dish ever!!!
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Sounds good jc! And carbonara is well easy to make.

Just en route to crepe stand!!! Should I get a sweet one for dessert???
          'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

mario;1041005 wrote: Phone,cant get signal wth laptop.thanks everyone again
            Did you get a chance to read back over the posts? Three women have said today that they miss your old avatar. The "How's Doing You" one with that funny smile and those thick eyebrows...

Comment

JackieClaire;1041008 wrote: There's point I've got some cheese. pasta, eggs, bacon, cream all the things for a carbonara.

What I really want is the 72 piece party pack of puddings we got from Tesco for Christmas day........they are teeny weeny little bite size things

Have you tried standing on the roof for a better signal, mario
              :H:H Jackie - it could be raining down buckets where Mario is. And you want him to stand on the roof. Then maybe he should grab on to a TV antenna while he's at it and see what happens then...:H:H

Carbonara rocks in my books but Mr. Stirly only likes the classic Greek spaghetti sauce. Although lately I've been making one with portobello mushrooms that he gobbles up and asks for leftovers the next day. Do you want my easy-peasy cheese pie recipe? It calls for half a kilo of feta... If KTABbers was here, he'd be scrambling for a pen and paper...

Comment

I will have to go looking for mr how doing you.dont know where he went ,

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Wow stirly...that sounds AMAZING! I going to try it but without the mushrooms! I love broccoli too so that may become my new fave veggie dish! I also make fiorentina pasta which is incredible!!!

L x

Comment

Jackie - it could be raining down buckets where Mario is. And you want him to stand on the roof. Then maybe he should grab on to a TV antenna while he's at it and see what happens then...
                    He has to put the effort in to keep in touch with his harem. You know no pain.............no gain.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Cassia;1041019 wrote: Wow stirly...that sounds AMAZING! I going to try it but without the mushrooms! I love broccoli too so that may become my new fave veggie dish! I also make fiorentina pasta which is incredible!!!

L xI have no idea what fiorentina pasta is but JC and I are "goggle queens" so I'll go look it up. I bet she's already beat me to it...:H:H
                      JackieClaire;1041020 wrote:
                      He has to put the effort in to keep in touch with his harem. You know no pain.............no gain.
                      You're right as usual, JackieClaire. Get that :b&dut!!

Comment

It's like carbonara pasta except instead of bacon and mushrooms, you use spinach and chicken. It's sooo good!!! X

Comment

Wow..no idea why that posted four times!

Comment

Cassia;1041024 wrote: Wow..no idea why that posted four times!
                            I can only see it once. The recipe I found on Google has spinach and mushrooms in it. I will check again for the spinach and chicken one. That sounds heavenly. I gather you don't like mushrooms.
                            Jackie has disappeared. Probably whipping up something wonderful in the kitchen. Mario is searching for his old avatar and I have to get a few things done before I head off to dreamland. I have to work tomorrow and 6 a.m comes very early in Stirly-world. Off for a bit. Check in later...

Comment

:sofa:

I'm never far away, Stirls
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hey stirly...

No I can't stand mushrooms! I have tried to like them but I just can't stand them. I will try and find you a decent recipe.

L z

Comment

Working...
                                X