X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread-Thursday 13 January

Noooooooooooooooooo not mushrooms as well :upset:

I've got some lovely chest nut ones

Any way dinner is decided, found a nice tin of corned beef, baked beans and big fat chips.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Really zen? I haven't heard that before...why are they bad? X
      'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Zenstyle;1041036 wrote: After all that JC... LMAO! The corned beef over here is a little different to ye olde tin... its a brisket and it's yum!
        Gawd don't I know it. When we were in Boston a few years ago my favourite phrase was .........can I have a doggy bag.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Mushrooms are bad for you?!?!?!!?!? Oh no!!!!:upset::upset:
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Well I'd better be orff and put Mr JC in his high chair.

I'll be back.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Zenstyle;1041049 wrote: Here's the thingy I read. He says exotic shrooms are OK but the regular white mushrooms or portobello are not... Who the heck knows these days. Everything is bad for you it seems...

Also, my Ma saw a holistic Doc who told her not to eat mushrooms too. I still eat them now and then but don't buy them as much as I used to...

Are Mushrooms Good For Your Health? - Dr. Weil
              Exotic shrooms:H???? Hmmm just what kind of shrooms are you talking about Ms. Zen? I'm not a huge mushroom eater but every now and then they can be tasty-if cooked properly. I don't like when they go all slimey, blah! PLEASE let the sleep fairy come tonight! I have an early morning just like Stirly so I need my ZZZZZZ's. Could not sleep last night. I've started reading Rachel's Holiday-AGAIN. Have a good night all. I need to read over the thread in the morning-the food you were talking about sounds delicious! Cheese pie, Chicken and spinach pasta-yum! Night night

Comment

Zenstyle;1041066 wrote: *wink wink* You know.... exotic shrooms...

Nighty night expat... hope the sleep fairy arrives in a timely fashion. (I haven't had the pleasure of his company lately (you know he's a "he" right?) that's for sure... I'm starting to think he sleeps around!) xx
                Well he certainly has not been visiting my house more than once or twice a week! Bastard! lol.
                February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

He has ALWAYS come to my house....EVERY night. without fail and sometimes in the day too, I cal land he comes running...

Cept for the last 3 nights, he left me on my own till at least 2 am...

I shall be having words..
                  "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

one2many;1041099 wrote: He has ALWAYS come to my house....EVERY night. without fail and sometimes in the day too, I cal land he comes running...

Cept for the last 3 nights, he left me on my own till at least 2 am...

I shall be having words..
                    hello oney, ill use you as my moral thermomiter. whoops ive already posted. sorry pet ive had a drink. only gentle cider. what i was thinking, i watched something on telly last night. (was a sky bio channel) called intervention. was all about a woman.. 40 something... and about her life and how she ended up drinking. i found it very scary (obviously not scary enough). i wonder should i post and tell people about it or not. at the end of the film she got sober... WEHAY. what dya think
                    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Hiya lovelies, just a quick check in to let you all know that I'm OK ..........had problems at work and as it's a family business I can't just clock out and go home ...............

CONGRATS MARIO!!!!! ... xxx
                      sigpicXXX

Comment

Howdy folks, cant be having bad things being said about my beloved mushrooms :tonguemonkey:

The health benefits of mushroom include the following:

Cholesterol Levels: Mushrooms themselves provide you with lean proteins as they have zero cholesterol, fats and very low carbohydrates. The fiber and certain enzymes in them also help lower cholesterol level. Moreover, the high lean protein content in mushrooms helps burn cholesterol when they are digested.

Breast Cancer & Prostrate Cancer: Mushrooms are very effective in preventing cancer of breast and prostrate due to presence of Beta-Glucans and conjugated Linoleic Acid having anti carcinogenic effects. Out of these two, linoleic acid is particularly helpful in suppressing effects of estrogen. This estrogen is the prime reason for breast cancer in women after menopause. The Beta-Glucans, on the other hand, inhibit growth of cancerous cells in cases of prostrate cancer. Selenium in mushrooms is very effective in inhibiting cancerous cells.

Diabetes: Mushrooms can be an ideal low energy diet for diabetics. They have no fats, no cholesterol, very low carbohydrates, high proteins, vitamins and minerals, a lot of water and fiber. Moreover, they contain natural insulin and enzymes which help breaking down of sugar or starch of the food. Again, they are known to contain certain compounds which help proper functioning of liver, pancreas and the other endocrinal glands, thereby promoting formation of insulin and its proper flow. Diabetics often suffer from infections, particularly in their limbs, which tend to continue for long. The natural antibiotics in mushrooms can help protect them from this dreaded situation too.

Immunity: Ergothioneine, a powerful anti oxidant present in mushrooms is very effective in giving protection from free radicals as well as boosting up immunity. Mushrooms contain natural antibiotics (similar to penicillin, which itself is extracted from mushrooms) which inhibit microbial and other fungal infections. They also help heal ulcers and ulcerous wounds and protect them from infections. A good combination of vitamins A, B-Complex and C, found in mushrooms also strengthens immune system.
                        Weight Loss: Would you believe me if I say that a totally lean protein diet is ideal for losing fat and building muscle mass? Perhaps no! But it is true. A lot of fats are burnt to digest (break-down) proteins in the food, more so when the protein is accompanied by a very low carbohydrate, zero fats and cholesterol and a good amount of fiber. This is exactly what mushrooms offer.

Other Benefits: Mushrooms are the only vegetable and the second known source (after cod liver oil) to contain vitamin-D in edible form. They are rich in calcium (good for bones), iron (benefits in anemia), potassium (very good for lowering blood pressure), copper (anti bacterial) and selenium (very good for health of bones, teeth, nails, hair and as an anti oxidant). The best source of selenium is animal proteins. So, mushrooms can be the best choice for vegetarians to obtain selenium.
                        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Thanks KTAB - I love shroooms

Whats this about the sleep fairy? I never knew he was a him!!!! :shocked:
                          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi Chilli, think you and I have similar tastes in food. Ah sure what isnt bad for you theses days, if you took in all the crap that was written you wouldnt eat anything. Off to me bed now with a good healthy book, night night.
                            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Nite KTAB im off soon too, good to catch you briefly I havent seen you in an age,
                              Hope all is well and that I talk to you soon :l
                              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

I adore mushrooms any which way but how...

Sorry I missed ya Ktab, Howdie Chillers, BB and Spud (sorry you are drinking by the way..ps, no alcoholic drink is gentle

I am sitting in bed, meditation music, candles, laptop and leccy blanket....snug!
                                "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X