Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a Sudden Urge! Need to Distract Myself!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi
    Been doing astonishingly well (for me) this last week on abs (which I really didn't think I wanted), but all of a sudden had this HUGE overwhelming urge to have a drink (I was clearing out and came across last year's diary - must've triggered something!) I know I've been feeling great and I know... but I also know it's a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon, I'm on my own again (cue violins )and well what's one day... when I've another 22 to go.

Actually, another strange thing (Perhaps a bit of background - my family are all overseas, no friends here and, get this, I thought it would be good to see what it'd be like to live on my own for the first time in my life so persuaded my partner to take an overseas posting (much against his will, but he did) so thoroughly alone and miserable.) But on counting out my 30 days abs, I then counted out the days till my partner returned for next leave and it was 40 days! I'm not religious but I know there is a significance in this! So I am trying to understand there is something at work here. Sorry this is a bit over the place but another thing; I had the opportunity to go back with my partner for a few weeks when he returned overseas from leave but my dog got cancer. I was devastated and resentful (not towards my dog) but just the other day, I got it! If that hadn't happened, I wouldn't have had this opportunity to try and stop; I'd still be drinking.

Well, thanks for reading, at least it passed a little bit of time! Bit too hot to got for a walk, but I'll stay on here for a while longer
    Best
    blondie

hi Blondie, sounds like you're doing great! some things I'll do when having the urge and don't want to drink:
    take a shot of vinegar...really! may be yucky but works for me.
    eat something spicy
    exercise of any kind
    call a relative or old friend.
    well, hang in there and be well.
    D
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
    X