intervention. on tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intervention. on tv

i watched a program on tv last night. sky tv bio channel called intervention.
    scared the hell outa me i could relate to the lady.
    at the end of th programme she was (i think) 9 months sober. before that, the viewing was scary, she was just losing it. she changed from a lovely interesting lady to a mess, drinking neat vodka to get by.... WE DO HAVE A WAY OUT
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

intervention. on tv

In the US on A and E they have a show called Intervention--maybe it is the same one. Was this Sylvia from NC-- a decorator and very sweet-- 4 kids? I have seen them all! I used to say well I am okay because I am not like the ones on Intervention. Ha! They have had 2 that were alcoholics that died after their programs and they were both pretty young. So far they have not shown any drug addicted that have died but it is pretty scary!

Comment

intervention. on tv

Spuds, I record and watch them all -- great show! Helps keep me in check.

Comment

intervention. on tv

I remember Sylvia, I watched them all on youtube..
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

intervention. on tv

I started watching Intervention last year when I was drinking heavily. The first episode I saw was "Lawrence" which was about a 34 year old alcoholic. I remember being horrified by the huge bruises that covered his body, a sign of liver damage. He was in serious denial but finally did agree to go to rehab. At the very end of the show it said he left treatment early and died not long after. It had such an impact on me I didn't drink the next day (sadly, I did pick up the day after that).

Since then I've had a fascination/horror relationship with the program. Even though most of the addicts are several steps beyond my lowest point I can definitely see myself in them.
          Alcohol Free since 11/29/10!

Comment

intervention. on tv

God I remember Lawrence too, he was a lovely looking guy from what I remember, that one made me cry..

The girl who inhaled that computer cleaning stuff scared the hell out of me..

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

intervention. on tv

"Allison". That was a freaky episode. They have a box of that computer cleaning stuff in the closet where I work and every time I see it I think of her.

Comment

intervention. on tv

I actually NEED it to clean my pc but too afraid to buy it in case the person in the shop saw intervention!

AF 10th May 2010
                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

intervention. on tv

chartreuse_lily;1041174 wrote: "Allison". That was a freaky episode. They have a box of that computer cleaning stuff in the closet where I work and every time I see it I think of her.
                  Oh god ...I remember that one!

Comment

intervention. on tv

There was also the ep. about the woman who was an alcoholic- neat Vodka- with 2 kids.
                    Her marriage had broken down, and her ex and two kids only came back for the intervention on the proviso that there was no Voddy in the house....

.....So she drank MOUTHWASH !

I'll never forget it. She kept saying 'I just want a swig' and her kids would try to grab it off her.
                    There was footage of her several years previous, a fantastic Mum and wife. So sad.
                    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

intervention. on tv

Scope. That's the mouthwash she used. I've watched them all. Some survive, some don't. There was one pretty, petite lady, who stashed little 'airplane' bottles of vodka everywhere, and her poor old mother would go in and search through her things looking for it. She went ballistic when she couldn't find one before her first intervention. Later, at 9 months or so, she was shown as a different person, thanking her family for trying to help her.
                      When someone is that under the influence, their first reaction is anger at those who are not understanding their 'pain' and what they need to function 'normally'. They can't see what they've become. Looking back, those who stay in the program are humiliated by their actions, and have such a deep appreciation of the ones who stuck by them.
                      Unfortunately, there are so many who fail. We see the big names in the news every day. And so many this problem kills before they can be clear enough to really see themselves. If we are here, posting, we are the lucky ones.
                      sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

intervention. on tv

I have watched my episodes of that show but I did not realize how many until I read the ones you all were talking about and I remember them also! I can watch most but the ones about meth (speed) I have to turn the channel, I had that problem for a year or so and watched all my friends go nuts on it so I quit. . . never lost anything, never got out of control. . . .on anything really. My additions last about 18 months before I call it quits and never look back. My therapist says its the OCD that help me keep myself in check. I have only had 3 additions, acid, speed, and now alcohol. Glad I never had to be on one of those episodes.
                        You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                        Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

intervention. on tv

it could be any of us if we dont quit...powerful stuff.....one was a young man from Jacksonville and we knew the parents...had no idea about the son!!!
                          so sad
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

intervention. on tv

One of the episodes actually featured a woman who lives in my town! It was unbelieveable when they actually started showing scenery from our community! I actually ran into her at work (I work at a health food store). She was way too "gone" all the time. I remember one Sunday morning, she was sitting on the sidewalk in front of the store, waiting for me to open up. It made me nervous. We unfortunately had to call the police to remove her from the store as she was drunk and causing a scene. She was trying to manuver a shopping cart up a set of stairs. It was very sad and the policemen knew her all too well. Come to think of it, I haven't seen her in over a year there, I'm not sure if she passed away or not. She had several health problems due to the heavy drinking and something was seriously wrong with her pancreas. Her name was Sandy. She has grown up daughters and a grandchild. Very sad. Just another reason to quit drinking! My hubby said he sees her ex-husband at the grocery store once in a while. I think he lives somewhere in our neighborhood. He got clean but his wife never did and so they had to get divorced. I have watched almost every episode. It's like watching a train wreck. I never thought I was as bad as some of the addicts but I could always see some sort of similiarity, which scared me.
                            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                            :h

Comment

intervention. on tv

It's probably distorted thinking on my part but in a way I almost envy the addicts on Intervention. Even though they go through hell they're offered a solution and all they have to do is say "yes" whereas it seems like to struggle for the slightest bit of help.

Comment

Working...
                              X