Being sweating at night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being sweating at night

Well, i've been sweating at night. Not to do with alcohol though, i've been AF for nearly 10 days. Woke up in a small pool of sweat this morning. Also, have had several dreams where i am hungover, or intoxicated. I wonder what that's all about
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Being sweating at night

Hi Change,

I've never experienced withdrawal symptoms, but my friend is a 30-year active alcoholic and he says when he quits, he gets night sweats that lasts for weeks. Part of the process of getting rid of the poison. Good for you for addressing it!

Comment

Being sweating at night

Rusty;1041363 wrote: Hi Change,

I've never experienced withdrawal symptoms, but my friend is a 30-year active alcoholic and he says when he quits, he gets night sweats that lasts for weeks. Part of the process of getting rid of the poison. Good for you for addressing it!
      Thanks Rusty! i can't believe i said "being sweating", instead of "been sweating"... shows where my head is :egad:

In all seriousness, i am also a sugar addict and am wondering whether it has anything to do with that also. When i don't eat much sugar, i tend to sweat at night... All to do with the liver i think (i think sugar affects the liver too).

Anyway, will be interesting to see how it goes. Get a bit sick of waking up and feeling freezing cold due to damp bedclothes.
      One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Being sweating at night

Chinese Medicine

Hi Change

Night sweats are almost certainly a symptom of detoxification. The only time I ever suffered from them was after a particularly bad bender. I agree, it's pretty unpleasant.

Acupuncture is very effective for treating them. In chinese medicine night sweats are called 'steaming of the bones' where 'bones' refers to a deep energetic layer of the body that is influenced by the Kidneys. The liver is always involved too!

I really recommend Acupuncture if you haven't tried it and can deal with the needles. It's not painful - honestly

Bean

Comment

Working...
        X