Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way Home to Waggy's House...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last night, there was nothing music wise on the car radio and NPR was making me sand and depressed, so I turned it off and just started thinking. Sometimes that is bad for me. I started thinking, gee, maybe I will be able to moderate some time, maybe my problem is not as bad as I thought?.you know all the CRAP that AL starts sticking in your cranium. I snapped out of it pretty quick. I actually found myself shouting ?SHUT UP? at my inner monologue. Anyway, it then started me thinking about the positives that have been happening lately because of my 74 days of sobriety. You have heard these things a bajillion times, but they are true!

- Sleeping better (not great, but I have never in my life slept through the night)
    - No hangovers (no, duh)
    - I look better and feel better
    - Have a little money left over at the end of the week ? not scambling to get a cheap bottle of wine or three on a Thursday before pay day
    - Having time to do what I should be doing ? like playing with my kids and just being there for them
    - Remembering stuff
    - Keeping promises
    - Able to take my kids places without being worried about driving
    - Easy weekend wakeups ? no feeling like a bleary eyed piece of crap
    - No excuses, no hiding
    - Less anxieties (although I think I may need to be on meds for that ? not sure yet. I am not anxious about drinking ? it is every single other thing in my life?lol)
    - My kids are proud of me
    - I am proud of myself
    - I have made wonderful friends here at MWO and think the world of you all.

And of course one of the most important things?.today I heard those three words that every woman longs to hear?

?YOU?VE LOST WEIGHT!? :H :H :H

Love you guys!!! Thanks for making these past 74 days completely bearable!!

X X O O X X O O
    February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

What a great thing to hear! I am truly inspired by what you wrote, Waggy!
    Congratulations on 74 days!
    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Waggers, darling.
      Every time you post you make me smile a great big smile. You are so enthusiastic about your sobriety it's catching.

74 days :yougo::yougo::yougo:
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ahhh Wagonhead,

It does my heart glad to read this, you are truly happy in your sobriety and I am happy for you xxx

Good work woman xx
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Good for you Wagser! sometimes lots of those positives can seem a bit hazy, but I know when I'm grasping at reasons to stay sober I look in the mirror and that fat bloated woman is no more, and I wouldn't have her back for all the tea in China!! Good on you and thanks for reminding me why I'm here!
          Molly
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Thanks so much Wagon! I needed to read that post today.

I am going to print it out and keep it with me -- I'm sure many of us could relate -- I could have written it myself!

Comment

Hi Wagoneer...

Firstly - well done for yelling at yourself - that works wonders for me. I love your list...it's inspiring and i know that i can definitely relate to it. You should be really proud of yourself - you put your sobriety first and then you shared to help all of us!

l x
              'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Good stuff! Great reminder for me as I approach Friday night!
                "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Great post Wagoneer! Cassia said it bang on!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Great post Kat you always make me smile and I'm really proud to share the journey with you :l

Dewdrop :h
                    Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

I'll (not) drink to that Wags.

74 days is a brilliant acheivement, and before you know it , it will be a bajillion love :H

Oh God, I do LOVE that last one....

Bridge
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

And it gets better still, Wags! You continue to look better than ever, you continue to lose weight, you can evaluate what your body really needs, ad infinitum................
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Thanks everybody - could not have gotten this far without you! Next up is my and my family's eating habits....one nasty habit at a time though...lol

(((((you guys))))))))
                          February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Waggy you are doing just great! Next time that voice starts up in your head reach up and turn down the imaginary volume switch at the side of your head and tune into that positive list on your post instead.
                            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                            AF - JAN 1st 2010
                            NF - May 1996

Comment

What a wonderful post to read this Friday night! Thank you!
                              AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

Working...
                              X