Army thread 15th jan 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alrighty, Expat & Oney. I'm going to take a nice shower and hit the hay. I'm pretty tired after today.

I'll catch up with the threads tomorrow. We decided to impose a voluntary Internet & email ban for the duration, so there's a heck of a lot of reading to do!

On the morrow :l:l:l
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hello, KTAB :hallo:

Good to see you guys as well. I missed all of you!
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Yeahhh a new doggie in the army family, great stuff.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Night night Tippsxx
          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Welcome back mr tips :-)

Night all

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

My first AA meeting

Hi folks

Long time no see so not sure what's going on with everyone although sounds like Congrats are due to Mario!

Haven't been around for ages..no internet/phone as too broke to pay it but my neighbour has let me access his wireless internet so I can now get on it for awhile until I can pay my bill.

Was doing fairly well on the AL front but then major bender over Christmas....big news is that I went to my first AA meeting last night..embarrassment was no longer an issue, self survival made me go. My big fear was that i would know someone there, didn't go to the one in my town but one about 15 mins away and guess what, first guy I met outside the door was a guy who lives in the housing estate right next to mine!! He thought I was lost bless him!..he was great, made me coffee and then made me another coffee when I made a complete toss of myself and blubbered through my 'sharing'. He gave me a lift home and I will be going to another meeting with him next week.

It was the most overwhelming, humbling and surreal moment of my life to utter those words..Hi my name is....but I'm glad I did it.

I'm not sure if the whole AA thing is really for me but the admittance verbally that I am an alcoholic in front of all those people was a mind altering one that I will never forget. It was also a great weight off my shoulders. I still have not seen a doctor but I am considering going next week. The Lglut helps but I am starting a new job next week and I know the physical/mental cravings will be debilitating and not sure if the Lglut will be enough

Anyway, hope all is well with everyone and hope it is ok for me to check back in here

xx
              There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Whoohooooo! Congratulations on going Bandy, thats fantastic!!

Please keep checking in because this is anotherweapon in your arsenal!
                Oh and keep Feb 2th free!

AF 10th May 2010
                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Thanks One2, I will!

Off to my leaba now, emotional last 24 hours has taken it's toll on me plus I have just eaten two Fry's choc cream bars and half a bag of haribo fangtastics, not feeling the mae west at all!

Talk to you tomorrow
                  xx
                  There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Talk tomorrow, back to the army or I shall hunt ya down... Night night x

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

:sofa:

Said I'd be back at midnight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sdic9JQhMo[/video]]YouTube - The Commitments - Midnight Hour
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

get to bed jc... you dirty stop up
                        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Working...
                        X