Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Monday 17th January

Welcome to a new week, folksies

I've already been for a spot of dogging. Fancy that...

The youngest cub is starting her new school year today. At least that means we only have to be there at 9.00 for the assembly where she will be allocated to a new class / teacher.

The eldest starts tomorrow. He is going to high school and will be attending an orientation day before the formal start of school on Wednesday. At least he knows the school song by now. Nothing to be done about his singing voice (which he sadly inherited from his dad). I'm just thankful that we found a pair of school shoes - the little sh*t already wears a size 12 (I think we use UK sizes?) at age 14. Poor bugger... he is used to going to school barefoot in summer.

Anyhoo... I am starting to ramble.

Have a marvelous Monday!

PS: I just want to slip in a huge congrats to Expat on 8 days of no smokes!!! :goodjob:
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Morning, Good to have you back Tips! Yep, I'm about to go put on my nicotine patch-it's not quite as painful waking up to--OMG, no smokes!-- I think I'm getting used to it and changing my routine and stuff. So, out dogging already! I'm about to do the same. Have a great Monday everybody (did I really just say that?:H) Or have a peaceful and safe Monday-but hopefully great too!

Comment

Good Morning Army!!

Hiya to Expat and Mr. Tips and to all who drop by later. Am off dogging myself but wanted to wish you all a

Have a great day. Catch up with youz laterz.inkele:
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Yoo hoo Fellow doggers!!
        Great stuff Stirly! Sometimes you might feel that the cravings are interminable but when you look back, you will see its not so bad. Like today, the realisiation that you ARE getting used to it!
        Good girl!!!!!!
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Morning all especially the doggy people. Still dark here so no weather report yet! Later--

Comment

Morning mr tips,startingover,anon,expay and stirlygirly,

Still dark here and a bit cold but its a dry one out there.

of for my peppermint tea.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Happy Monday everyone!

Expat, I am so happy for you...8 days is great, you are over the worst now. x
              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Woof woof woof
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning Troops
                  Way to go Expat!! You are doing great girl...

More sun today working today and tomorrow then off to London on wednesay to sell my jewellery

Have a great monday everyone......
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi ktab,one2may & chill,

Dont know what to say to that chillgirl, its very sad imo.

Comment

Ok army hope you all have a safe nice day,of out , laters

Comment

Chillgirl;1042990 wrote: Morning Troops
                        Way to go Expat!! You are doing great girl...

More sun today working today and tomorrow then off to London on wednesay to sell my jewellery

Have a great monday everyone......
                        :lChill. It's not easy is it? These are hard times. I too am thinking of selling a pair of diamond earrings that I never wear-even though they do hold sentimental value. I'm just so tired of having that cloud of debt over my head. It is a huge stress factor. I've actually talked to a social worker to help me work out a budget-like for food purchases and impulse buys-that really add up-5 euros here, Six euros there...and by the end of the month-it's hundreds of euros down the drain. Of course the cigs had to go. I'm not trying to compare our situations! Just sharing. Before my divorce I had a very comfy lifestyle and am having to "re-learn" how to control my spending. It's not easy but I'm getting better! I hope things work out for you sweetie.

Comment

Morning Tippers,Expat,cirly wirly stirly girly,Starters,Mrs A, Oney,mariooooooooooo,KT , Chillers and all those yet to drop by

Ach Tippers the son and heir has worn size 12's since he was about 14 and it's a bugger finding shoes. One shoe shop lady asked me would size 11's do? I'm afraid I cannot type my answer for fear of being banned.

Great going on the smokes Expat.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi again. Just a quick eeky:. I forgot to congratulate Expat earlier about starting her second week NF. :danthin::dancin::goodjob:
                            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Morning Army - nice one with the doggie Tips, I'm not an animal lover but she's gorgeous.
                              All my family have huge feet, me included (we're all very tall) the boys squash themselves into size 12's just cos there are no 13's and daughter and I take and 8 and a half, ok for her now cos lots of young folk have big feet now, but back in the day the biggest size for women was usually 7. My rather tactless auntie suggested I get mens shoes - I was a very gauche shy awkward 14 yr old at the time - like JC my thoughts were.........unrepeatable
                              Off to wash half a cup of olive oil out of my hair - if it works I'll tell youse all about it, if not it will NEVER be mentioned again
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                              X