Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lonely

Change,
    I've posted today and deleted a post because of feeling so alone.
    Just know there are many here feeling just as you are. That is why we are here, or one of the reasons. Alcohol or an addiction which has probably contributed to our mistaken life choices, which led to our loneliness.
    We are here looking for another human being to acknowledge we are alive. Then we read, educate ourselves, form on-line friendships, read how others have dealt with what we are going through, which enables us to overcome and move on with our lives.
    I am there today in the aloneness. Hopefully soon I will see the light, again!
    Join in here and you'll see it is not only you. I think we need to know, we are not the only one feeling this way! We realize we are human and made mistakes, we need to forgive ourselves, those we've loved and get on with living!
    Best wishes!

Comment

Lonely

Hi Change, and I am sending you a big hug, over the inter net. I am sending you every bit of positive energy and thought I can.

Although it is not an answer or solution, but please send me a PM any time you would like to chat, about anything. It would be my pleasure.

I also have been lonely since I have gone sober. I used to gather with guys, to drink after hockey etc. Or I had a crew of guys and places, I would sometimes gather to drink, and be with people. I am starting to realise that I don't really have many friends to get together with, without drinking. I am not sure if this is part of what you are going through, but you are not alone.

Saving Grace, your post is very honest and open, and it rings very true - thank you, I needed to read this.
      Hill
      Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Lonely

Hi Change,

Sending you hugs as well :l

A lot of us suffer with some type of lonliness I'm sure.
        In my case my chronically depressed husband of 37 years walked out last April. Just walked away. Here I am suddenly living alone but determined to remain positive, healthy & AF. I spend a lot of time here 'talking' to people & I also do a lot of reading on the ToDo Institute website. Thought you might like it too:
        The ToDo Institute: Mindfulness, Procrastination, and Gratitude using Morita and Naikan Therapies
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lonely

Thank you beautiful people of MWO, i will feel a lot more 'welcome' around here now (not that i never did, it was just, more detached, if that makes sense)
          One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Lonely

yeah, it does make sense.
            and, once you post your own thread and people respond as if they care (they do!) something awesome happens. right? don't you feel more like you belong, like you have a crew of marvelous people that has your back? i hope so, as it's true. chin up, dear.
            ~rudyb

Comment

Working...
            X