• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Farewell Letter to AL After 10 Days of Freedom

Wonderful post, thank you.:l
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Thanks to all of you for reading my letter and for your words of support!

I love the idea of making a hard copy of this and burning it as RubyWillow suggests. I have done that in the past with other things that I didn't want in my life (by writing them down and burning or burying them), why not do it with this letter? Thank you RubyWillow, for that idea.

Tipplerette, I haven't packed away my wine glasses yet, as I've been using them for my new drink of choice, sparkling water! Yes, I did enjoy the whole ritual of drinking red wine also, but now I turn to water with lemon or a flavored sparkling water. Also, before bed, I have been warming up to herbal tea. Forgot how much I enjoy different herbal teas and they seem to help with getting me to sleep. I haven't played around with too many fancy alcohol free concoctions, but at the next party I host, I may do a special AF punch...something pink in a big, pretty punch bowl with fruit floating around...lol. If anyone has any yummy AF punch recipes, please send them my way. I'm sure if I search I can find some on here somewhere! I encourage you to write a letter someday, it really felt good to get it off my chest and into a written format. This may sound weird but it kind of makes it feel more "official" in some way. Which is all the more helpful in remaining AF!
      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
      :h

Comment

Also, thank you Cassia for your compliment that I could actually send this into a magazine for publishing, who knows, maybe I will at some point. I love to write and now that I am sober, maybe I will start picking it up some more. By the way, I mentioned some weightloss benefits due to being AL but this is combined with being on a pretty strict low carb diet for a few weeks...but part of that diet is giving up AL, so I guess I can really owe it to removing that from my daily intake! As far as the weightloss fairy, if I do ever see one, I will send her your way. 26 days is awesome by the way, you are an inspiration!

Hi Lavande, Witchy, Choice and all of the others that I am getting familiar with from the Newbie threads! Thank you for taking the time to read the "long" letter and for your kind words.
        Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
        :h

Comment

Wow, i'd copy your letter and use it as my own.... It's EXACTLY how AL was with me.
          nicely done!

Comment

Working...
          X