Day 3 of my 30 day af mission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 3 out of my 30 day af mission and so far so good. Its going to be a long day for me with both school and work. Will be taking the day on with no AL. Not one sip ether. Course throughout the week I rarely if ever have an AL but there have been a few times when I had a few drinks in the evening now and then. But not today.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Hi Drifty,
    Good for you for planning a bit more AF time - I believe for those that can moderate, it does no harm at all to show yourself that you can still go AF if you want to and show al that you can master it. In fact, you wouldn't be able to moderate for long if you couldn't do a period AF if you wanted to as it would show you couldn't control it. So, definitely good for you. From what I remember of you, you have been one of the most successful moderators - if you're doing stuff like this whne you feel the need to, then that's probably why.
    K x
    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Day 3 took a blow. I found out that my sick aunt has only 6 to 8 weeks to live. She has cancer and the chemo has not only been not doing any good, it is making her even sicker. But I will not drink.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Gosh sorry to hear that. The same thing happened to my uncle last year. It was very sad but I didn't drink on it either. Sadly battling or controlling alcohol does not stop because something bad happens in life. We don't get a break from being ill ourselves.

Stay strong Drifty, so you can be there for your aunt as best you can. My warmest wishes are with you.
        K x
        Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Thanks Kim. I know that drinking now won't help my aunt. Not really craving it at the moment. And your telling the truth. All modders should do a 30 day af challenge every now and then.

Comment

Hi Drifty, I am really sorry to hear about your aunt. You are right, your drinking, cannot help her at all. I am glad that you are working hard on stringing some sober days together. I think you will continue to learn about yourself and your drinking, as you have more sober time under your belt, like you state, one day at a time.
            Hill
            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Drifty,

Firstly, I am very sorry to hear about your Aunt. My father passed away of cancer years ago...he suffered for so long, it was almost a relief when he went to a better place so he was no longer in so much pain. Although I miss him terribly every day.

Secondly, great job on day 3 of a 30 AF journey! I hope you find strength in every step and know that you can come here and get support always. Well done!
              Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
              :h

Comment

Thanks everyone. Your posts will help me get through this.

Going to bed a winner and taking it a day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                X