AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Army Thread 19th January 2011

Laters, Madders
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

madmans;1044650 wrote: my 3 year old is cilpity claping around the house in plastic high heels it doing my head in ..... if i had wanted a small horse in the house . Not cooking any thing too nice potatoes (of course) chicken, carrots and peas its just the 3 of us for dinner tonight they have eating well today some home made veg soup so i don't mindMadman - that's the perfect dinner for kids. Good for them and colourful and tasty as well. This is what I cooked today.....

Tuna Patties
          Oven fries
          Romaine and arugula salad with balsamic dressing and feta cheese. Plus toasted rustic bread.
          Smyrna sausages - they're little sausage-shaped meat balls cooked in a tomato-garlic sauce
          Rice pilaf
          Fish soup
          Pasta with carbonara sauce
          Breaded chicken cutlets with mustard sauce
          Cooked sppinach, broccoli and mushroom, salad with whole cream, bacon and garlic dressing.
          I was supposed to work at the store tomorrow so I decided to cook for today, tomorrow and Friday - three meals for us - two to be taken to the store for my younger son. Then Mr. Stirly arrived home from work and told me I didn't have to go to work after all. So I could have cooked most of it tomorrow....:upset::upset: Well at least I get to do something else tomorrow except cook....
          JackieClaire;1044664 wrote:
          ooh posh.

I had to wear me Auntie's stilettos, that was after I'd rummaged round in her make up bag used her lippy and eye shadow and squirted enough perfume to make peeps gag. I thought I was the bees knees. I would have been about 3 as well.
          Jackie - do you remember those pop-together plastic bead necklaces that were so popular way back when. My Grandmother had a drawer full of them in different colours. Of course she only ever wore one colour at a time but I loved to take them all apart and mix the colours up. She was always annoyed with me because when she'd get ready to go out and wanted to wear one of the necklaces, she'd have to take 5 or 6 apart and string the colours back together again. Stirly was a bit of a brat when she was little.
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

JackieClaire;1044685 wrote: There you are just coming up to three

:h:h Aw Jackie - what a pretty little girl you were!!! Still are if your wedding pictures are anything to go by...

Hiya bouncy Tiger-fellow!!

Comment

stirly-girly;1044700 wrote: Madman - that's the perfect dinner for kids. Good for them and colourful and tasty as well. This is what I cooked today.....

Tuna Patties
              Oven fries
              Romaine and arugula salad with balsamic dressing and feta cheese. Plus toasted rustic bread.
              Smyrna sausages - they're little sausage-shaped meat balls cooked in a tomato-garlic sauce
              Rice pilaf
              Fish soup
              Pasta with carbonara sauce
              Breaded chicken cutlets with mustard sauce
              Cooked sppinach, broccoli and mushroom, salad with whole cream, bacon and garlic dressing.
              I was supposed to work at the store tomorrow so I decided to cook for today, tomorrow and Friday - three meals for us - two to be taken to the store for my younger son. Then Mr. Stirly arrived home from work and told me I didn't have to go to work after all. So I could have cooked most of it tomorrow....:upset::upset: Well at least I get to do something else tomorrow except cook....
              Show off

***said with tinge of envy***
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Laterz Madders,

Yoooooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooo Tippers

I do remember those beads. In fact I was just spoiled rotten. I had access all areas being the 1st grandchild and great grandchild. I surprised I can walk I was carried every where.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1044708 wrote: Laterz Madders,

Yoooooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooo Tippers

I do remember those beads. In fact I was just spoiled rotten. I had access all areas being the 1st grandchild and great grandchild. I surprised I can walk I was carried every where.
                  I wasn't the first grandchild but our Grandmother used to spoil us rotton. Actually there were so many of us - 11 grandkids living in or near Granny's town that we took charge of her house whenever we were there. I have a cousin who's just 3 months older that I am and a sister 2 years younger. The three of us caused havoc whenever we visited Granny and Gramps' place. I still remember throwing cold water onto a hot light bulb next to her bed to see what would happen. Of course it exploded - Lord only knows how I didn't get a piece of it in my eye or something but you can bet that her chenille bed spread got thrown out since there was no way of getting all those tiny pieces of glass out of it. Another favourite was to fill the big bathtub she had with warm water for our bath and then to "slide" down it into the water. Of course water sloshed over onto the floor and we'd just keep doing it and filling up the tub whenever the water was too low to "slosh". The other thing we did was to "bum" down the back stairs. We'd start on the upstairs level and go down to the kitchen bouncing on our backsides - all three of us together and making the most awful racket. Note that if my kids had done any of the above I would have chained them to their beds AND locked the door....:H:H

Comment

Stilrs, you do make me

It's bringing all sorts of memories back. I'll tell you about 'helping' to clean my Granny's downstairs bathroom tomorrow.

I'm gonna go veg on the settee for a bit, feels like it's been a very very long day.

Nighters my lovelies :l
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Such memories are fantastic. I used to be able to visit with my one set of grandparents for weeks at a time. Also got spoilt rotten.

Alrighty, JC & Stirls :l:l:l

I have to be off and get ready for bed - dead tired after today.
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1044729 wrote: Stilrs, you do make me

It's bringing all sorts of memories back. I'll tell you about 'helping' to clean my Granny's downstairs bathroom tomorrow.

I'm gonna go veg on the settee for a bit, feels like it's been a very very long day.

Nighters my lovelies :l
                        tiptronic_ct;1044731 wrote:
                        Such memories are fantastic. I used to be able to visit with my one set of grandparents for weeks at a time. Also got spoilt rotten.

Alrighty, JC & Stirls :l:l:l

I have to be off and get ready for bed - dead tired after today.
                        Am off to bed myself in a bit. See you both on the morrows my dear friends. Wishing you and all of the peeps here at MWO sweet dreams...

Tomorrowz....

Comment

:hello: lovelies ... xxx
                          sigpicXXX

Comment

Hi & Bye Zennie do some extra for me while you're at the gym :H:H
                            sigpicXXX

Comment

A quick hello and then I'm off to bed. I had a read back-some lovely memories! I was the yougest child and the youngest grandchild on both sides of the family. Sometimes spoiled -sometimes tortured:H-by the cousins that is! Have a good night-expat xxx

Comment

Night Night Expat, sleep well. I read back on yesterdays posts and wanted to send you some :l:l:l:l:l:l's
                                sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                                X