Damn, just for something different! Read if you'd like a 'laugh' :P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for something different, read on if you'd like to hear what a fool i've been today. It'll definately make your day feel better

Back track a few hours... Does anybody know what it's like to send a 'wrong' email attachment?

Well, the laugh's on me peoples! Today i needed to send an attachment to everybody at work, it was a group email. Do you think i thought to check the attachment before sending the emails?

No.

Of course not.

Well, what do i send? Instead of sending the completed correct document, i accidently send a draft i had been working on, with... yes that's right, all my ideas on it, including my own personal thoughts!!

Reading over the document, it's not that bad i suppose (if i sit here and justify it to myself), but it did contain notes, re- some issues we'd been going through recently.

I immediately sent the intended document with a little schpeel about how the first one was incomplete and to please find the completed version attached!

I hope its alright :eeks:
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Dear Change,
    Hope there's nothing on it the boss won't like.
    You'll be OK.

Comment

Ouch

Bad luck Change.

I once sent a major rant to an ex-boyfriend detailing every aspect of why we broke up, all the really personal stuff including about my/our drinking problems to someone with the same name at the university where I worked.
      This was on a Friday night when I was at home on the laptop (over an hour away from my office) and could only retrieve the message from my work computer. I managed to persuade the IT guy to wipe it off the server (which is against regulations but I begged). I'm sure he had a good read before he did it...

Makes me cringe to think of it now and it was 4.5 years ago!!

Yep....always a good idea to check emails and attachments before pressing send! Hope it's all ok for you. At least you are seeing the funny side.

Bean

Comment

Oh Beanie!
        Thank heavens the IT guy wiped it. Hope you gave him a thankyou gift.

Comment

Bean;1044313 wrote: I managed to persuade the IT guy to wipe it off the server (which is against regulations but I begged).
          *Grr*... i rang the IT people, but all they could do was direct me to unsend the message or whatever it is in Outlook. I know it went through though. Not the end of the world type stuff, was just a few notes to myself re- some issues we'd been through, so hopefully everyone'll see that it was poorly written and hopefully i can convince them that it was written for the betterment of mankind!

Anyway, i can't turn back the clock, i'll just tell 'em i was worried about a few work issues, and made some notes whilst on shift :egad: It becomes too exhausting worrying too much about things like this.
          One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Well, i wished the IT guy could have wiped mine.

I once accidently sent an email argument between a new girlfriend and myself, so an ex flame. Didn't go down too well..

Comment

Working...
            X