Advice please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice please?

I am seeing a client this morning. She suffers from depression, and is addicted to sleeping tablets, OD'd after Christmas.
    As I am new to supplements, I am not sure if L-Glut, Omegas, etc. would be of value to her?
    If anyone out there knows, please let me know?
    Thank you!
    xxx

Advice please?

Yikes. Well those supps are a plus for anyone deficient. I not sure they'll help her will the serious withdrawl from sleep meds. The sleeping pill addiction is epidemic these days. I would STRONGLY recommend she see her doc!
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Advice please?

Thanks

Techie I will be working habd-in-hand with an addiction coach. I just wondered if I should mention it... Thanks for your quick reply, I will play it be ear! xxx

Comment

Advice please?

Hi Sol,
        First of all, I too would be concerned about withdrawal from the sleeping pills and any other RX drugs....is this addiction coach an MD?

L-Glut is really great for helping with cravings and withdrawal. Omega 3, 6 and 9 along with B-Complex really help with depression along with exercise (even just walking!). Melatonin is very helpful for sleep, as is, Calms Forte. I think it is important to note, that when using supplements, it takes some time, a week or two for them to become balanced in our system, so it is good to know that we must stick with it and it will all pay off! Unfortunately these days, all too often people are looking for a pill for a "quick fix", but along with the quick fix comes, danger of addiction and unpleasant withdrawls.

Good Luck with this!
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Advice please?

If this person OD'd, I assume they are under medical supervision so the clinic/hospital/doctor would be handling the drugs side of things wouldn't they?

Comment

Advice please?

Yes Rags, she is seeing me for Life Coaching, bit of career, relationships, spirituality. I will not fiddle with the "chemical" side of it! Knowing one's limitations is a good thing! lol
            Kate, thanks!

Comment

Advice please?

hi soli,depression comes in many forms,i recently started a program, higher doses of vitamin c,6000mgs,or more,vitamin b complex hi potency ,50mg 2 -3 times daily and also l-glutamine 1500 mgs twice a day,there was an article on here the other day,doctor yourself .com. i feel changes,only time will tell,i was lacking vitamins in my body,its worth a read,then one would have to decide,lets face it,many peole cant afford to go to a health food store,plus many have drug plans,most of of the drugs i can get for free thro my plan,ask the doctor if they would sign a slip for healthy meds,i wish you well,gyco

Comment

Working...
              X