='(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

='(

hi all. I'm having house moving troubles which are really upsetting me, worrying me and stressing me out.
    There is an annex built at the bottom of the garden. It's been there well over 10 years. We don't have documents about planning for it but i'm sure our solisitors would have pointed thatit didn't have planning permission WE bought the house. Also we've had more built onto the house and in the drawings sent to the council showed the annex and nothing has been sent. Also we had all the searches and everything done on the house when we got it and nothing was said or flagged up.
    Guess i might be worrying for nothing but i can't help it... I don't want this to fall through ='(
    Just a bloody nightmare. Sorry needed to vent. Just don't want to turn to that bottle that seems pretty tempting in times like this.

='(

I think that if no one has said anything by now your fine, i think (not sure) that the council has got a certain time frame to act in .
    AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

='(

(((((you my friend))))))))
      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

='(

lil, I'm so sorry for these problems. My place in the world, and history, is dif from yours, so it's hard to give advice. It was always 'tis easier to get forgiveness than permission'.
        But, (just in my opinion) if you can document all you've done, then how can they fault you now? I understand the worry, but worry solves nothing. Be prepared with all your papers, then wait for them to move. Don't volunteer.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

='(

Hi Lilm, sorry about your troubles. Sometimes, life just piles it on. You should be proud of yourself for not reaching for the bottle. We all know, that would just make things worse. Hang in there. I hope that the building issues get resolved, it must be tremendously stressful. Try to keep eating healthy, and maybe get some exercise, to help your chances of being able to sleep.
          Hill
          Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

='(

dont know what to tell you baby!! glad u aren't drinking!! I dont even know what an annex is
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

='(

I am an attorney in the US-- the way it would work here is that if work was done without proper permitting they would just give you time to bring it into compliance with whatever building code or regulation they have-- they would not move you out or charge you a ton-- changes might cost alot but usually it is not so bad. They haev folks here called expeditiers that figure all that out for you-- and they really grease the skids.

However with that said I am going to somewhat echo what Ruby said--the legal axiom would be possession is worth nine tenths of the law-you are there, have been there for a while and (another legal thim here) first in time is first in right-- these are actually 2 things that believe it or not are the basis for just about all common law property law in the word-- most regulations grow out of those 2 rules. Essentially it means if you are there and they've let you stay there it will be hell for them to do much to you!

I am a worrier too-- always have been and probably always will be. IN this case, it coud scare some folks away but I think that if nothing came up on your title search and no vilations are on file that any buyers of the house would be okay-- however if they have an inspection and the inspector sees violations of code-- he may mention it to them--but as long as there is nothing on record they would be in good faith in relying on the record as of now. If they were really cautious they might ask for you to do some minor things to cure the problems-- but if there are no cites now I would not worry. When we sold our last house-- the staircases were not compliant with code-- it had never been cited and the buyer knew it and bought it with no problems. It sounds as if the annex would be the main issue and since it has been allowed to exist after all the title searches and plan submission-- I woudl say you have very little to worry about. (And that is from a US atty-- we are sharks about suing over here!) ( I got the feeling you were from England or Ireland with solicitor used -- not a lawyer in either but I do recall common law property which all originated from Europe anyway!)

Comment

Working...
              X