Dropping by to say HOWDY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropping by to say HOWDY

Wow, there are so many new names here. I promised a dear friend here that I would drop by when I hit 18 months sober, so here I am. Yep, 18 months completely AF. went on vacations, class reunion, dinners...alcohol all around and I am still AF. I am not here to brag about my accomplishment, but to say without MWO and God, I wouldn't be here at all. The first day I logged on here which was on March of 2007 I was so drunk I had to close one eye to keep from seeing double. I was suicidal. I didn't care about myself or anyone around me. I have made some life long friends here. I rarely come here anymore, but I wanted to drop in and say..."If I can do it...trust me...you can do it". I came here as tiredofcrying, then I was luvuall. I was banned for awhile because I am not the most pleasant drunk to say the least , so when I came back I was brittzak. If you see no hope...go back and read some of my story. There is ALWAYS hope. We are not failures, we are not drunks...WE are folks with a problem that can be fought and won. Keep posting, reading, fighting. I know what worked for me, but I think everyone has to find their own way. So, please keep fighting and using this site for help. It works! LUVUALL to the many people that helped me get to where I am. I love so many of you.
    Lisa
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Dropping by to say HOWDY

I love you dearly Lisa.. xoxo

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

Good to see you Brittzak, and to hear you're doing so well.
      Made my day

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

Thanks my friends. Good to see you both as well. I keep up with many of you on Facebook. But, I wanted to say HEY.

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

I can't believe it's been 18 months! I remember when you hit the 1 year mark, it's amazing how fast the time goes by. You're a great woman, in so many ways.

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

lisa baby always great hearing you are doing great awesom girl and im so proud of you ..
            and one day i would love to get back up there and see you again ...and i do miss seeing you post here on mwo ... so keep up the great job girl love and hugs
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

Hi Brittzak,

I remember you from the 30 Days and Beyond Thread. I am so very happy for you.

I remember some of the other folks on that thread like Bird who is still around and of course Cowgal who is no longer with us. Then there was Toughintexas. I wonder how she is doing. I think she was really struggling.

All the best to you and I hope your children are doing well.

xxoo
              M3
              AF Since April 20, 2008
              4 Years!!!
              :lilheart:

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

T-you come see me any time...any time!

M3- I started that thread and we all stuck together for a long time, but after Bear was killed and Cowgal left us, things weren't the same. I haven't heard how TNT is doing, but I sure miss her. I hope everyone finds their way. I was in such a dark ugly place...UGGGGG

My children are doing wonderful. Very happy to have their sober Mama back...as you all know I wasn't a long term drinker but man o man when I started...I started. Brit is driving, just turned 17. BOOHOO Zak is 12, still a Mama's boy although I see it slowly ending. He had his first GF this year, but "things just didn't work out"...isn't that hysterical? That is what he told me. The GF liked hunting, mud bogging, fishin...(all on her FB)...she was more of a boy than Zak..LOL They are both on the honor roll...I am so happy to be sober.

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

Oh, I remember the days!!! You have so much to be proud of and I could not be happier for you. I love a success story and you most certainly are one. I have a lot of respect for you turning things around.

Congratulations!!!

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

Hi luv,
                    I was just thinking of you yesterday and Morrison and the whole gang...golad you are doing well.

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

L, you know I follow you when I can, and you've done so wonderfully. I hope your life stays full and happy, and you and the kids prosper. You've come thru so much, and I wish you all good things.
                      Rubes
                      PS: You have always been a gentle inspiration for me.
                      sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

I am so proud of you, Lisa! Lots of love to you!

Way to go on your 18 months. You are an inspiration to all. xoxo

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

Hi Lisa!
                          Just the sight of you makes me smile! 18 months is Fantastic! You have done so well, for yourself and your children, you have so much to be proud of. I know how full and joyful your life is from FB and it is such a pleasure to see how well life is going for you! You know that you played a part in my sobriety!

Love You!
                          XXX Kate
                          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

Wow Lisa 18 months...I have been following your accomplishments and I am so glad that along your journey you have included me...thank you so much..... Condradulations on everything you have become....Rusty xoxoxoxo
                            :heart:AF since May 31 2008.....Happy and Healthy

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

Hi Lisa,
                              What a wonderful achievement! I am so very happy for you. May your life be a happy and peaceful one. Stay in touch.

Comment

Working...
                              X